Euroquatics LED Tube lights to replace traditional T5HO lamps!

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I know is my ATI bulbs work. $150 every 8 to 9 months isn't a bad price to paay for ease of use and almost guaranteed results. as of now I;d rather get a reefbrite strip or the ones SB reeflights make to mount on the side of my ATI fixture.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I know is my ATI bulbs work. $150 every 8 to 9 months isn't a bad price to paay for ease of use and almost guaranteed results. as of now I;d rather get a reefbrite strip or the ones SB reeflights make to mount on the side of my ATI fixture.

That's what I was doing but I didn't like the look of the bolt on. Either or works fine though. I will buy the newer models that are suppose to be 25% brighter.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pop bulb is what is most used. But the blue pop is for "our" eyes not the corals. Retro fit led bulbs I tried at work instead of replacing the whole fixture but in the end I found it better to replace the fixture as the bowing caused connection issues with the fixtures tombstones( the end sockets on a fixture. ).

zoanutty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a strict LED person but I recently purchased 2 ATI fixtures for 2 of my tanks to see if they in fact grows corals better. I know it will be impossible for me to give up the LED completely and switch to T5 (I've tried before), so I am considering buying some T5 LED bulbs to add that "pop" in my tank. A friend told me there was a new company making them and in my research I ran into Arcadia T5 LED bulbs seemingly only sold by marine and reef online. I know about the Euroaquatics E5 blue pop bulbs because I had them before, and while they were ok, I wasn't overly impressed. I had never heard of the Arcadia bulbs before though, and they seem to have been out since middle of 2016, so I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience with them? They are almost half the price of the E5.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a strict LED person but I recently purchased 2 ATI fixtures for 2 of my tanks to see if they in fact grows corals better. I know it will be impossible for me to give up the LED completely and switch to T5 (I've tried before), so I am considering buying some T5 LED bulbs to add that "pop" in my tank. A friend told me there was a new company making them and in my research I ran into Arcadia T5 LED bulbs seemingly only sold by marine and reef online. I know about the Euroaquatics E5 blue pop bulbs because I had them before, and while they were ok, I wasn't overly impressed. I had never heard of the Arcadia bulbs before though, and they seem to have been out since middle of 2016, so I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience with them? They are almost half the price of the E5.
If I looked around could probably fine the colored one's. [emoji3]
lol

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Example.
5 Pack of LightWise LWLF24T5HO18B Blue LED T5 18W Tube with Blue light of 460nm Lightwave length Retrofit For 2Ft F24T5HO Fluorescent tube directly https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AT2U3UA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_1SgAybDM72F9V

Our hobby is so small that companies will rebrand things and promote them as new ideas for the hobby. I see this over and over and over again year in and year out. [emoji23]

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 49 83.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.1%
Back