View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Open the app go to instructions.
fd3331f6ed128f7e05fe20e969e01f93.jpg

Tap on the instruction tab.
7cafbc5dcf674168e4b4e518eec8c3d7.jpg

Tap on the instruction of the test you want to preform.
cb9194e1460ac2b33a6c1c9c140d4a17.jpg

You can have a text directions or video.
Must have an internet connection to watch the video.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I expected because I was accessing the instructions through the individual test, there are NONE for the new tests. As I can see your screenshot doesn't show the UH Marine CA, the same for UH THH.

Checked the instruction sheet that came with the new drops and NOTHING about how to use them. Checked the bottles, nothing.

Sent an email to them this AM, guess what, nothing so far.

1bdfc480154b936c151d0c759e0f4a72.jpg

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im dead in the water without instructions. I could do the alk one but want to wait. I'll try and do a test tonight.

Bbaz123456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im dead in the water without instructions. I could do the alk one but want to wait. I'll try and do a test tonight.
Just put a few drops in there!! It'll be about as accurate as it has been. (I have no experience with it, other than what I have read)
I do want this thing but the majority of what I've been reading is no good and a company that sends out some regents without any instructions and doesn't respond to any calls or emails, doesn't sound very reliable to me.
I hate to hate on a company I have never dealt with, but I'm frustrated with using testing kits!!! And want a better option already.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just put a few drops in there!! It'll be about as accurate as it has been. (I have no experience with it, other than what I have read)
I do want this thing but the majority of what I've been reading is no good and a company that sends out some regents without any instructions and doesn't respond to any calls or emails, doesn't sound very reliable to me.
I hate to hate on a company I have never dealt with, but I'm frustrated with using testing kits!!! And want a better option already.

It's really not as bad as it sounds. They did send instructions, just not complete with everything we need. They've been responsive (granted not great consistency). I was just excited to get everything working after waiting so long. We'll get there. It's still my favorite method of testing.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did the new alk test. The strip turns the water blue just like a hanna meter reagent. My water measured 152ppm up a little from the 142ppm (+0.56dkh) Key will be stability (which I never had any issue with) I look forward to getting the low down on the reagents to get the UH parameters.

I'm confident that we'll see an improvement, this is by far the easiest method for testing parameters quickly and efficiently.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, finally got some replies from them. For some reason I had to remove and reinstall the app in order to get the instructions to load.

For those that don't want to lose their history, I can summarize.:

Follow the normal instructions, except you are going to fill the idip after rinsing with 3.8ml of sample.
For the UH Calcium, you will add 2 drops of reagent, then cap and zero the meter, then do the strip test as usual.
For the UH Hardness, you will add 9 drops of reagent, then cap and zero the meter, then do the strip test as usual.

I didn't read all the fine print, so take this with a grain of salt. Will do some tests later tonight.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the video, they remove the air-bubbles from the syringe before going to 3.8ml which means it's slightly more then 3.8 and so the procedure is a bit different from other tests.

gus6464

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got in the mail a package with Calcium Hardness Ultra High and Total Hardness Ultra High. Thing is I haven't even received the idip I bought at macna!

Last edited:

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I ran the tests tonight with the new UH THH and UH Calcium reagents.

Alk - 154ppm (last check 152ppm on 9/24)
Calcium - 448ppm
Magnesium - 895ppm

Magnesium came out low, but I have NOT been dosing magnesium at all. The last time I tested was in May and the last time I added Magnesium was probably a year or two before that. Somehow with RC I never needed to dose it. I've been using IO for about 6 months now and for never dosing, I kind of expected this result. I'll try and cross check with my Red Sea if I have the patience for it. In the meantime, no harm no foul to add 100ppm worth.

Calcium I haven't measured since August and it has been tracking on the low side 370-400 since April. Looking back at my diary though, I switched to IO around that time and raised my dosage in August which was also the last time I tested.

I'll try and track the next few tests to get a good baseline and see how the variation goes. I did use the cap this round when zero'ing and reading to be more consistent. Using the syringe was a piece of cake and the reagents weren't bad at all. Overall the methodology is still the same, and it literally took just a few minutes to bang out the major 3 tests and not much more effort if I wanted to go ahead and do my nitrate and phosphate.

This continues to be a pleasure to use. It's great to finally have a number to measure magnesium. This really completes the set. The iDip can test pH, Ammonia, Nitrate, Phosphate, Calcium, Alk, and Magnesium all in digital, with the same simple methodology. What other meter gives you protection against obsolescence, gaining new functionality, and is really easy to use?

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok test results tonight:

Alk - 142, 142, 147
Calcium - 452
Magnesium - 908

So alk I did 3 times because the first two I zero'd with the cap, and the did the reading with the cap off. The last one I got right :)

I did dose Magnesium last night so it isn't as high as I'd expect after dosing 20oz for 100ppm. We'll see how it progresses.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tonight's results:

Alk 151ppm
Calcium 408ppm
Magnesium 1065ppm

So after another 100ppm worth of Magnesium added, it's showing now on the meter. I started at 895 so I'm +170ppm. Calcium dropped a bit, but that could also be caused by some precipitation with the magnesium (I think) or it could be that the Calcium test is +/- 10% and so it's "in range". Right now it could just be an outlier. Alk is staying pretty stable (152, 154, 147, 151) which is nice to see.

Anyone else get their reagents yet? (that have a meter :)

gus6464

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my idip unit today and it came with the new calcium reagents in the case. ITS also sent me a separate set of new reagents earlier this week so that was nice :D

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight's result:

Alk: 151ppm
Calcium: 350ppm
Magnesium: 1078

So calcium is now on a steady decline. So that would make the previous measurement, not the outlier, but I'm hopeful that it's also the result of the magnesium addition. That seems to be a pretty stable measurement. We've gone from 875->1078 after me dosing 40 ounces of BRS magnesium pre-portioned mag, which should raised my level 200ppm and I'm up 183ppm.

Interestingly enough, my nitrate and phosphates are up.

Nitrate: 7ppm
Phosphate: .23

I haven't been running my carbon or gfo since I mid-august and sump has been due for a good cleaning. Anyway, something else to keep a close eye on.

Tank hasn't looked better btw, since adding Magnesium, my spongodes is looking so much better, and really every coral in my tank right now.

For the record, it took under 5 minutes for sure to grab the first 3 tests and that's from setup to finish. I decided to do the nutrient levels as it's been a few weeks, so the test goes quick, but then you gotta wait 12 minutes between the both of them.

Anyway, we'll see what's up with calcium, still too lazy to grab the red sea tests and they're probably expired.. :(

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 55 49.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 61 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.1%
Back