Fairy Wrasse Photo Library & ShowOff Thread...

wrasseluver

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Johnson's fairy wrasse trio are back up on DD. The buyer must have backed out or the place them back in QT for a while.

38bill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Johnson's went back up because DD forgot to ship them to my friend who had bought them. He called DD looking for the fish and apparently they were not very apologetic so he told them to forget it. Now he's going to purchase a pair direct from Aloha Coral. Speaking of Aloha here is a photo of my new male Flame wrasse that I just received from them just yesterday. The M&F pair are already eating out of my hand.

Side story: UPS screwed up and froze (actually the water was only 37.5 deg) the first pair that were shipped to me. Kevin and Dan replaced the pair without a problem. Those guys are great!

MaleFlameWrasse.jpg

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was lucky to be fast on the draw and get this male Nahacky's wrasse from D/D last week.

016-15.jpg

015-15.jpg

002-28.jpg

He's ready to be greeted to his new friends.

024-7.jpg

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang Brad. nice pick up on the Nahacky. keep us posted on how he does with the Hooded's you have. and also, I think all your Rhomboids are male now. LoL. they grew fast! how much did the Nahacky go for?

RadReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More!!! :marv I'm loving this thread. I'm planning on getting three fairies for my new tank, Cirrhilabrus solarensis, Cirrhilabrus tonozukai, and Cirrhilabrus lubbocki. Can't wait!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so I got the e-mail from DD and SOMEONE PLEASE PURCHASE THE SPLENDID FAIRY WRASSE. I've been waiting for a very long while for this fairy wrasse but unfortunately, it's bad timing for me. so it'll be awesome to see someone here own it. :) :) :)

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed the splendid. It was gone before I got home from work. Marvin, the Nahacky was 250. The rhomboids all went male about 5 months ago, but no aggression between the 3. Lucky I guess. they've grown quite a bit.:bigsmile:

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed the splendid. It was gone before I got home from work. Marvin, the Nahacky was 250. The rhomboids all went male about 5 months ago, but no aggression between the 3. Lucky I guess. they've grown quite a bit.:bigsmile:
Thanks Brad. I wonder who got the Splendid. it's actually perfect size. don't have to worry about it co existing with the bigger males since it's a smaller one.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how well do fairy and flashers co exist? also whats a super male? and what is this i have read about males loosing color without a female?
Fairies and Flashers do well together provided there's ample room. you never know what's gonna happen with any fish if they're too cramp. a SuperMale is one that has full coloration. you don't normally come across a SuperMale very often. most times they are terminal male. colors are very nice but not quite a SuperMale. IMHO, in due time with females, any male will turn SuperMale. as for the last Q about males losing colors, it happens mostly on the blue/green fairies. if females aren't around, they will lose some of their vibrant colors when you first get them from LFS. good luck and welcome to the world of F&F wrasses. :)

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so there is no judge on male vs super male, just a persons opinion? also i read something about flashers changing colors very quickly while courting, is this over time or literaly in seconds?

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so there is no judge on male vs super male, just a persons opinion? also i read something about flashers changing colors very quickly while courting, is this over time or literaly in seconds?
check out some vids on youtube about flasher wrasses flashing. same behavior happens to fairy wrasses as well. colors get intensified during flashing behavior. maybe to impress females or caution other males. as for male Vs super male, there are some pics online to help you gauge on what stage he is on. normally, the brighter the colors and the bigger he gets, the more chances you are getting to SuperMale 'dom.. LoL

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya i was looking at you tube,but couldnt tell much. we are trying to decide on our first wrasse addition. i was thinking Bells flasher wrasse,Diamond Tail Flasher, filimented flasher wrasse. these all look beautiful. i am looking for one with a fair amount of pink coloration. but when i google search them i see so many different colored one of the same species, supposidly

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya i was looking at you tube,but couldnt tell much. we are trying to decide on our first wrasse addition. i was thinking Bells flasher wrasse,Diamond Tail Flasher, filimented flasher wrasse. these all look beautiful. i am looking for one with a fair amount of pink coloration. but when i google search them i see so many different colored one of the same species, supposidly
see if this link helps.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/fish-discussion/25905-flasher-wrasse-photo-library.html

there's also a write up by Tanaka about Flasher wrasses. good luck selecting the right one for yah. :)

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this on youtube!! oh so very nice!!! :marv :marv :marv

Cirrhilabrus Earlei Flashing (Earlei's fairy wrasse)
[youtube]GzuoPvp1v1g[/youtube]

Mantis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lineatus Fairy Wrasse

Just picked him up yesterday...

All the pics are from the same fish... His colors are just amazing... I guess depending on his mood and lighting...

d00e1349.jpg

71d44fae.jpg

cdb5cccd.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 60 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back