Feather duster placement problems

Alicia83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a feather duster about a week ago, and have been tryin to place him in my aquarium. I've tried burying him in the sand, then tried putting him between two small rocks and he just keeps pushing himself out of where I place him so that his whole body is just laying flat on the sand. I'm under the understanding that the bottom part of them should attach to something, and from the research I've done people just seem to put them in the sand and they stay and are happy, what am I doing wrong?

Here's a pic of the feather duster..
Feather Duster.jpg

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Place in a crack don't wedge it but place it in a crack and leave it, it should be fine

OP
OP
Alicia83

Alicia83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What fish and inverts do you have? I am wondering if something is pulling it out of the sand?
I know it's not anything bothering it, I've watched it push itself out. It does it pretty quickly.

Thats the sweetest feather duster Ive ever seen!
Thanks! I grabbed it because I've never seen one with those colors before

Place in a crack don't wedge it but place it in a crack and leave it, it should be fine
I just put it between a couple rocks that made a circle around it and put the end in the sand, hoping it will make him feel secure?

When I put him in the sand how much of his body should I bury or doesn't it matter?

PhelpsTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is how my Hawaiian duster sits.. in a rock about mid level in tank. Everyone tells me I can place wherever and it will move if it doesn't like it there. It has been sitting up there for about a week and still there and open all the time.

~PhelpsTanks

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1317354831316.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1317354831316.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 22 13.4%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 53 32.3%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 21 12.8%
Back