FEEDING QUESTION

jcoopcycle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 very happy healthy tangs along with a flame angel. I feed mysis and PE mysis 3 times daily enriched with vitamins and first question is not sure if this is enough. (Naso and hippo are near 4 inches. Tomini and yellow are 2-3 ) No waste at all they get every bit every time. Would probably be the equivalent of a cube or a bit more daily. I feed a small amount of red and green nori nightly ( they wait in line same time every night for it) my question is this too much nori... feeding on a daily basis? Tank parameters are excellent. Almost too clean as I have trouble with some corals. Input from the more experienced would be appreciated. @ Ford family

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no a lot of people primarily feed their tangs the nori as the basis of the diet and supplement with meaty food, but then again a lot of people do the opposite i believe if they look healthy and happy with no visible signs of a nutrient deficiency that the feeding regiment is pretty good.. i and to do the same thing you do because tangs are not the only things in my tank

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tangs primary diet is algae. With four tangs, I'd be feeding a full sheet of nori per day. I buy nori at my local oriental market and cut and clip it for the tangs to nibble on during the day.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Nori should be available daily. But meaty foods should continue to be fed.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 70 79.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.8%
Back