FireFish Being Aggressive! What do I do?

Christopharo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Firefish is being very aggressive towards my clown even though my clown sees it as a game. Also, I'm not 100% sure but I believe the same Firefish caused my Goby to jump and ultimately die because of said jump. Should I remove the Firefish and try to get another one or should I get rid of him and try getting a Goby again? Maybe something else? I have a 20gal long and there's plenty of rock and hiding spots even in such a smaller tank but I think the Firefish feels it's only his tank and no one else's. What should I do? Thank you for any posts or helpful information.

OP
OP
Christopharo

Christopharo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a PJ but the Firefish seems Intimidated by him even tho my PJ shows no signs of aggression towards him.

Josett Waid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Firefish is being very aggressive towards my clown even though my clown sees it as a game. Also, I'm not 100% sure but I believe the same Firefish caused my Goby to jump and ultimately die because of said jump. Should I remove the Firefish and try to get another one or should I get rid of him and try getting a Goby again? Maybe something else? I have a 20gal long and there's plenty of rock and hiding spots even in such a smaller tank but I think the Firefish feels it's only his tank and no one else's. What should I do? Thank you for any posts or helpful information.
Wow I've never heard of a fire fish being aggressive. I had two purple fire fish and they were not aggressive, if anything they were scared of all the other fish and stayed in their cave until food time.
That being said you could try another fire fish since the one you have seems like it won't ever stop being aggressive. Or you can maybe give him a time out in another tank for a few by himself but I don't know if that'll solve his aggressive issues. So maybe just get another goby? I love my gobies they have the best personalities. Also blennies are great too for a 20g, if you want smaller fish.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank? Most reef fish will protect their safe spot. In a small tank, that can be the whole tank.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a photo of this BA firefish? They are usually only aggressive with other firefish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back