Crazieveggie

Crazieveggie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for
I would wait full 76. I know it is no fun but if you're going to do it do it right...
Thanks for the reminder. i was thinking it was 60. i might actually wait a little longer because i never found one of the yellow tangs... so in theory it could have hosted a few days more.

OP
OP
Crazieveggie

Crazieveggie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30 days into the 76... This is hell... All for the better though I guess. There are a million and 1 threads on here about QT... :( They all seem to contradict each other in a way. Any feedback on QT would be appreciated. I got my 125 set up with 2 HOB filters. I have Stability, PraziPro, Copper Power, my ammonia badge, and popcorn. (Need something to eat during water changes...)

BrettMallette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes... And I think that is the problem... I read it all and by the time I got to page 51 my ADD set in and I totally forgot about anything on page 1. LOL I'll just stick with your portion of it.
Just found this thread... Sorry for your loss. Will be tagging along for your restocking and QT'ing. Do you have a new thread for the "new fish build"?

I learned my no QT lesson years ago and its always a hard one to learn.

OP
OP
Crazieveggie

Crazieveggie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is it safe to say if you get an Achilles Tang or Powder Blue just treat for ich day 1?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is it safe to say if you get an Achilles Tang or Powder Blue just treat for ich day 1?

Yes indeed. You want to keep them in a tank where everything has been QT'd before them and make sure they have as well. You want to be sure there isn't any ich or velvet lingering in the tank.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 125 do you think I can safely QT a Med Sailfin Tang, Med Fowleri Tang, Med Achilles Tang, 2 Med Naso Tang, and a Goldflake Angel?

Using Stability, An ammonia badge, and water changes I don't see why not. Thoughts?

Yes, but I would use a large HOB (ex. Aquaclear 110) for biological filtration and have a couple of powerheads running for additional circulation/gas exchange.

OP
OP
Crazieveggie

Crazieveggie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well every thing is in QT and looking fantastic. 3 Days in and everything is eating and looking great. Ended up going with 2 Emperor 400 HOB's on the 125, and I'm using stability. Time to start Prazi tomorrow.

My custom AGE will also be here in 2 weeks so I did a little bigger QT than I wanted..... I guess I will have extra water changes.

In QT We Have: 5 Purple Tangs (always wanted a school) 1 Achilles, 1 goldflake Angel, 2 Blonde Naso Tangs, 1 Magnificent Foxface, 1 Fowleri Tang, and 1 Red Sea Tang...

Back