OP
Naiad

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup I'm going to run down to kp here soon and get some rock macros and gorgonian soon. It's a pain getting out the bad but worth the troubles. The hairy crab is a gorilla crab... very bad eats anything corals and fish. Had some chromis come up missing after they started hiding in "that one rock" but at least he just fed on my gsp. The red mitrax crab is sopossed to be reef safe easy enough to catch since they graze but I'd worry they might taste test corals.
Goto tbs aquatics and look up the life section to get ids. But the befits of all the micro fauna spaghetti worms, amphipods, micro brittles, and various bugs are amazing!
Yea I am very happy with all the good, that came in the rock. I know you can get some troubles with uncured. It is just frustrating that these guys took their sweet time in showing up. I got plenty of questionable crabs, shrimp, snails, urchins, and worms out during curing. I guess I just didn't look hard enough.

OP
OP
Naiad

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually was not bad. I also didn't really need to purchase a cuc for this tank thanks to the rock. I did move over my old hermits (now I'm over run) and add trochus snails because I think they are the best but the rock came with hermits, cerths, bristle worms, spagetti worms and evem two brittle stars.

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone finds a bobbit, let me know!! Please. Lol I really want one

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who would win? If you housed a mantis with a bobbit.... lol I'm bettin bobbit.

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I wouldn't do it on purpose. Just crossed my mind. Lol I like both way to much to risk lives. ;-)

bandit1994

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to have a 10 gal become a nano pred tank I think mantis are the bomb any ideas if there are small ones that can work in a ten gallon glass tank sorry to hijack the tread

Jlentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to have a 10 gal become a nano pred tank I think mantis are the bomb any ideas if there are small ones that can work in a ten gallon glass tank sorry to hijack the tread

Purple spot/smithii would be perfect. Otherwise a wennrae like usually comes with tbs rock.

Absolutely no peacocks.

wpeterson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an amazing thread. Good for you to take the time to pull out all the misfits.

I'll definitely be using dry rock in my next tank >:-/

Fishinbob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an amazing thread. Good for you to take the time to pull out all the misfits.

I'll definitely be using dry rock in my next tank >:-/
It's worth it in my opinion, with a few weeks of tank gazing and some persistence you can get them all I only had 1 mantis which I had in a 10 gallon for over 2 years. Fed him dying snails and any crabs I found. You probably have 1000's of the brittle stars from 100 lbs of rock. Just the macro algae that comes is awesome.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 154 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.7%
Back