OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guy. Do you think this is better than Coral RX?
I've been using that
I don't know if I would say better, IMO, I feel it's more effective at combating unwanted organisms that have attached themselves to frags or, more likely the substructure they've been mounted to. I personally now remove any substructures that the frags come adhered to, and either mount directly to live-rock (from my system), or to new ceramic plugs that have never been used. In all likelihood you can't remove 100% of the risk that you will not introduce some unwanted critter but this method gets you darn close.

This also doesn't mean you shouldn't dip the corals. it's just another tool/best practice that one should have in the arsenal.

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New members in the 180 have really started to take off, this is one I picked up at FFM from @SteelerMike...
DSC_0428.jpg

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if I would say better, IMO, I feel it's more effective at combating unwanted organisms that have attached themselves to frags or, more likely the substructure they've been mounted to. I personally now remove any substructures that the frags come adhered to, and either mount directly to live-rock (from my system), or to new ceramic plugs that have never been used. In all likelihood you can't remove 100% of the risk that you will not introduce some unwanted critter but this method gets you darn close.

This also doesn't mean you shouldn't dip the corals. it's just another tool/best practice that one should have in the arsenal.
You know by the time you add up all the essentials you'll be broke. (LOL)
by the way are still in the NG or reserves?

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know by the time you add up all the essentials you'll be broke. (LOL)
by the way are still in the NG or reserves?
It's all about shortcuts.:)
Negative to both been out since late in 96.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a stunner Alex.

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's close to 15" with the mantle fully open from tip to tip... wish I had a better picture.

Masedaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the system with mangroves pull out magnesium quicker for you? I had a tank that I tried an extensive refugium on. After I added the mangroves and they started growing my mag consumption went through the roof. Wanted to know if you have experienced the same?

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the system with mangroves pull out magnesium quicker for you? I had a tank that I tried an extensive refugium on. After I added the mangroves and they started growing my mag consumption went through the roof. Wanted to know if you have experienced the same?
Not that I've noticed, I've had them for a while and recently I've been checking my parameters every few days because of a giant clam I just added and it seems to ride around the 1300 - 1350 mark.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back