Flasher Wrasse Photo Library & ShowOff Thread...

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is so evil i want one of those Attenuatus so bad but they are so hard to find DD never gets them in.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, I've been thinking the same exact thing, especially since I've been buying wrasses. Been talking to Brad and somebody else on another forum about the Attenuatus as well.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, I've been thinking the same exact thing, especially since I've been buying wrasses. Been talking to Brad and somebody else on another forum about the Attenuatus as well.

I know someone else on this form has them to, apparently they are not bad in price roughly 300 but they are just rarely important.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know someone else on this form has them to, apparently they are not bad in price roughly 300 but they are just rarely important.

Yeah, Brad, Marvin, and Sara on R2R have them. Actually, Sara has a trio of them..not sure I've seen a pic of all three though.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Brad, Marvin, and Sara on R2R have them. Actually, Sara has a trio of them..not sure I've seen a pic of all three though.

I feel like thats not fair those Attenuatus horders they need to learn to let them go around.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna talk to my fish guy to see if he can come up with any of these.

Brad/Marvin/Sara, know anywhere else that would be a good contact to look for one?

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna talk to my fish guy to see if he can come up with any of these.

Brad/Marvin/Sara, know anywhere else that would be a good contact to look for one?

I have tried many times, one fish store i go to has been able to get me anything i want a black tang and joc ANYTHING when it comes to these they lol. I mean these gues where able to get a sunset wrasse but not one or two of these in.

raymond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those fish have really great colors, how often do they "flash: is it mating that triggers it or is it like a defence mechanism

rosechay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These fish are a good way to add color without having to put big fish in a nano tank.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the greatest pic, but here are two of my newest addition....Red Tail Flasher Wrasse:

DSC_2913.jpg

DSC_2917.jpg

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, he is nice looking for sure, more vivid colors than the first pic. I need to clean up my tank and then get some good shots. I got a Pink Margin too, but it was hanging out in the back, hard to take a pic.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I'm very happy with him. He kinda looks like a carpenters or McCoskers with those stripes, haha.

I've been looking for one for a while on LA or DD, and they I got the preview email the other day, and knew I was ordering him. There is supposed to be another on LADD today.

reefhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought a fish today labeled as a flasher wrasse. i am not sure what is tho. it has a red dot on each pectoral fin and its body is a yellowish and red. it also has one filament. i know a pic would help, but he is currently hiding. i was just wondering if anyone had any leads in what direction this guy might be?

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought a fish today labeled as a flasher wrasse. i am not sure what is tho. it has a red dot on each pectoral fin and its body is a yellowish and red. it also has one filament. i know a pic would help, but he is currently hiding. i was just wondering if anyone had any leads in what direction this guy might be?

I would guess Mckoskers or Carpenters. They are the most common.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, just read through the thread and realized I've never submitted any of mine. Guess its because I sent some via PM and then never got back to the thread LOL. Anyway, here are some of my McCosker's male and female - not the greatest pictures but oh well.

FishMaleMcCoskersWrasseII1Feb09.jpg

FishMcCoskersFlasherWrasse8Feb09.jpg

FishMcCoskerswrasse23March09.jpg

Last edited:

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.3%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.3%
Back