Flexible PVC Pipe

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where to purchase Flexible PVC pipe? I have found it online but no where local such as Home Depot.
Thanks!

OP
OP
Reef Pets

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought that the local Home Depot would have it also. I looked around and after not finding it I ask the plumbing department manager if they carried it. I looked at me like I was talking a foreign language and argued that there is no such thing as Flexible PVC...
I will check out the pricing of Savko.

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol people that work at those places are just uninformed
both homedepots ive been also had it, it was in the tubing area though not the pvc area

ss7

Guinea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen it at Lowe's and HD around here.. its called spa flex and its used for pools/hot tubs. They should have it, typically stored higher on the shelves. Best of luck.

RyanG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out www.flexpvc.com also look at your local pool and spa vendors. That is where I got all of mine. Be aware that if you are trying to make tight turns it still takes a bit of room to make them. I like mine so far.

ss7

Guinea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out www.flexpvc.com also look at your local pool and spa vendors. That is where I got all of mine. Be aware that if you are trying to make tight turns it still takes a bit of room to make them. I like mine so far.

Agreed, the residual pressures left in the flex pvc in tight turns has enough potential to cause a stress fracture on glass.

OP
OP
Reef Pets

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my application the flex pipe will be going to four stock tanks. I plan to use 45s od 90s if the pressure get to be too much.

I am going to try a spa store thats in town. I would try a website for it but I plan to set these tanks up completely this week..... I hope!

Leroy

Pres. N.E. Matchcover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another decent web site I'll add to my favorites in case I don't find what I need locally and as a reference to what I need. Thanks RyanG

ofblong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why not get pex instead of flexible PVC? Its cheaper AND you can use quick disconnect fittings :D. No 90's are required nor unions. 100ft is like $20 at Home Depot. I am just asking. I do have some extra 3/4" flex spa tubing if you want to pay shipping.....

*edit I should mention that I used flex spa on my tank because I didnt want to buy 100ft of pex. With that said I ran pex with the quick disconnects in my house. Been through 1 winter so far and no leaks to be found knock on wood.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back