Flow question

Sandroni

Professional Coral Bleacher
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just set up my 14g biocube and I'm trying to get the flow right. The powerhead is pushing the sand out of the corner and making waves in my sand. any suggestions??
Image1484701998.917278.jpg

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Sandroni

Sandroni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well its been about 1hr now.
1 hour is not that long.
Let it run overnight and see if the fine stuff settles.
If it keeps blowing sand you may want to get a nano pump so it won't keep stirring up your sand bed. :)

SaltySue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have a flow question....
I have a newly set up 75 gal & am having problems with dead spots. My return pump starts on right side corner & hits the front glass to send water to left side to my overflow box making a clockwise flow. My overflow box is too small... have contacted the lfs that set the tank up. My tank is also not level (apts) & over flows to front of tank. (Good bc I can see it) My dead spot was on the back left corner. I found 2 nano WaveMakers both for $30! (Very limited budget). I put one in left corner 1/2 to 1/3 down facing the right side. Once water gets to right side I placed the other about 1/3 under the pump return to complete cycle. Any suggestions? I'm hoping once a larger overflow box is put on I can go with having to so much monitoring on my water levels

OP
OP
Sandroni

Sandroni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 hour is not that long.
Let it run overnight and see if the fine stuff settles.
If it keeps blowing sand you may want to get a nano pump so it won't keep stirring up your sand bed. :)

Thanks! i just checked the tank and it moved all the sand to the middle

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have a flow question....
I have a newly set up 75 gal & am having problems with dead spots. My return pump starts on right side corner & hits the front glass to send water to left side to my overflow box making a clockwise flow. My overflow box is too small... have contacted the lfs that set the tank up. My tank is also not level (apts) & over flows to front of tank. (Good bc I can see it) My dead spot was on the back left corner. I found 2 nano WaveMakers both for $30! (Very limited budget). I put one in left corner 1/2 to 1/3 down facing the right side. Once water gets to right side I placed the other about 1/3 under the pump return to complete cycle. Any suggestions? I'm hoping once a larger overflow box is put on I can go with having to so much monitoring on my water levels
SaltySue,
If your (lfs) set up your tank they should have made it level. If you have uneven floors they should have put in shims to get it level. You paid them to install it up correctly. JMO...

If it were level and your overflow was big enough, I'd put in a small Gyre pump. Push the flow from one side to the other side across the top. See video. :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back