fluconazole x bryopsis

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing, hope everything turns out great! Let us know how it works

Thank you. Yeah I normally would wait for more research to be done on things like this but I do not want to wait until the Bryopsis gets out of hand.

Forgot to mention that I've also turned off my actinics and the UV channels on my Radions for the treatment.

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be interesting if someone removed skimmer, GAC/GFO, UV, and Actinic lights and a day of lights out like they were going to dose it and what results they would get.

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just one dose. Nothing big. Just one. What could go wrong?....
HAHA Jason ya just one dose hmm.. makes me think on how I want to tackle this. There has to be a binder in the powder of the capsule. Most all powder forms have a binder.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@NCreefguy does the tank you dosed have lots of SPS?

Please let me know of anything that you see that is abnormal (if there is anything). You may be my litmus test. It's going to be difficult not to dose right away when it shows up.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Screenshot_2017-01-17-16-21-34.png
Took this off reef central
Just one dose. Nothing big. Just one. What could go wrong?....

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@NCreefguy does the tank you dosed have lots of SPS?

Please let me know of anything that you see that is abnormal (if there is anything). You may be my litmus test. It's going to be difficult not to dose right away when it shows up.

Yes this tank has mainly SPS corals. I'll let you know if I see anything abnormal going on. As of right now fish/corals and inverts seam to be acting normal 1 hour into treatment.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes this tank has mainly SPS corals. I'll let you know if I see anything abnormal going on. As of right now fish/corals and inverts seam to be acting normal 1 hour into treatment.

You sir must clank when you walk! :D

GoFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha you found my Portuguese-> English translation on RC! I tried to find this stuff where I live to no avail, tried 2 pharmacies, 2 vets and a medical clinic.

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sir must clank when you walk! :D

:D

I've had a full tank of this mess about 7 or 8 years ago and I am not wanting it to get back that way. We have several saltwater systems in our shop(we ran a small pet supply company) so at the first signs of something going wrong I can move everything if I have to. Since Bryopsis is in this tank I wanted to treat everything in it and not transfer anything out if possible.I probably would not have tried this though if not for having the resources to do so.

GoFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being an anti-fungal medication I wonder if this would be useful for treating zoa pox in tank as well

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres someone with a full blown sps tank that had not 1 problem with livestock other then a 100% dieoff of bryopsis. Ill have to look. A buddy of mine wants to try this, and not that i have my doubts, hed loose A VERY VERY big investment and absolutely beautiful home system. There could be potential downsides to this stuff. I have 1 spec of bryopsis on a frag plug that my tang continues to eat it (i know thankfully! Prob on accident) Otherwise id try the treatment myself

Dude my tang mows bryopsis like it's nobody's business, not sure why a lot of people have problem with it, yellow tangs are literally gold . I keep my tang fed but I would skip feeding h
Here are the pictures @redfishbluefish was having a hard time uploading.

Before:
IMG_1750.JPG

Day 10
IMG_1749.JPG

Here's the thread if anyone is interested:
http://www.njreefers.org/threads/fluconazole.94821/

Do these pills come with bubble coral seeds too? haha, jk regardless that's a great news, if these things work so well.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude my tang mows bryopsis like it's nobody's business, not sure why a lot of people have problem with it, yellow tangs are literally gold . I keep my tang fed but I would skip feeding h

Do these pills come with bubble coral seeds too? haha, jk regardless that's a great news, if these things work so well.

I'm fixing to trade my purple tang in, he is useless, all he eats is acans! We'll see if I can catch him. He's a big meany anyway. So far (like the bryopsis) he is winning! :D

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those giving this a try, please, please, please, start your own thread and document your results....and include pictures. Need to build more information on the use of fluconazole and bryopsis.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 118 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back