foxface rabbitfish

buckroe07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got a one spot foxface in my aquarium which I've been wanting for a long time. I've done research on the rabbitfish species and the one spot seemed to be the best fit. After all the posts that I've ready saying they eat algae like a champ and are "reef safe" and not to mention their cool looks, I decided I wanted to adopt one instead of a yellow tang which I had before my tank crashed. I knew I needed an algae grazer and while I love tangs I wanted a different fish.

I was so excited about my final decision that I even bought red, purple, and green algae for it and didn't even have the fish yet!

long story short, I am really good at growing hair and bubble algae and during the middle trying to get rid of it all, I found out about Vibrant and of course gave it try. Well it worked like a charm, completely eating up all the bubble algae and 95% of the hair algae. The really stubborn spots are still there and red slime or cyano started appearing and stil there until today. I ran out of Vibrant but that okay because it was just in time for me to let my foxface go into his or her new home. OMG, the first day he was in there it started nipping at the red slime and a couple spots or hair algae. The next day it ate all the hair algae that was about 2 inches tall surrounding one of blasto frags that I literally could not see anymore since it was that covered, and it is continually picking at another really bad spot on my rock!

This thing is a no joke! Way better grazer than my yellow tang. I sorry, I still miss you Mr. Floyd and sorry I let that happen to you, RIP.

Thank you to all the reefers that mentioned their experience about this fish so that I would be able to find information about it! Hopefully I can be a part of someone else's decision in adopting one of these fish also.

Have a good day!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it worked out and I totally agree...the FF is a real worker in my tank too.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back