Free shipping on T-Shirts!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tautog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do, or should I pay for your advertising? You should be happy if I wear it. Try giving them away for better results. My LPS, on my first visit, gave me a canvas bag, a marine fish book, and more advice than any store, and this guy works out of his house! I've been back to this store a dozen times, never disappointed!!! Thanks, Harry

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why do, or should I pay for your advertising? You should be happy if I wear it. Try giving them away for better results. My LPS, on my first visit, gave me a canvas bag, a marine fish book, and more advice than any store, and this guy works out of his house! I've been back to this store a dozen times, never disappointed!!! Thanks, Harry

Well do you wear Nike, American Eagle, Polo, any other brand named clothing? I think it's a cool shirt and I don't have a problem with paying for a nice shirt with advertisement on it since people do it all the time including me! :p

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well do you wear Nike, American Eagle, Polo, any other brand named clothing? I think it's a cool shirt and I don't have a problem with paying for a nice shirt with advertisement on it since people do it all the time including me! :p

Excellent Point.

If you like something you buy it because well you like it. :)

Tautog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'm old, thanks for pointing that out. But, I grew up in a family bakery business, and I promoted a program called "Kid-Baker", where kids could make their own birthday cake, that was paid for, the program was no extra charge. Upon completing their cake with me, each kid received a t-shirt, "I made it!" , and on the back was the bakery and phone #. As an owner, it was always a great feeling to see my shirts running around at the local shopping mall, and the smiles I put on kids faces and even 2 brides!

donnievaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, I'm somewhere in between. I think it's a very cool shirt and I want one but I'm not paying $27.00 for a T-shirt to advertise for someone. I could see $15.00 or $16.00, enough to cover costs and maybe make a little money.

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, I'm somewhere in between. I think it's a very cool shirt and I want one but I'm not paying $27.00 for a T-shirt to advertise for someone. I could see $15.00 or $16.00, enough to cover costs and maybe make a little money.

That's kinda my thoughts. I buy various reef/saltwater shirts if I like them and the price works. $15 is my ballpark. Twice that loses me.

Tautog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys got it. I fish a lot, and wear all those guy Harvey shirts and stuff, but, buy it at Bells in Fl. After Easter. Short sleeve w/pocket $5-10.00, long sleeve $10-15.00. My kids buy these shirts in NYC and pay $30.-40.00.

OP
OP
Supreme Reefs

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

These shirts cost me more than $15 to be made and also after all the fees getting them sent to me, there's not much margin. If the shirts were only 1 color or maybe 2 then they would only cost about $13-$15 tops, but these have a lot of color to them and not easy to make. If i could make these myself i wouldn't mind handing them out. There's a lot of shirts out there with advertising on them that costs $29+.

Well i don't mind doing a different special and taking some loss to get some shirts out there to the reefing community.

How about this, until March 31st any size shirts will be $16.99 and free shipping. Any livestock orders made by then over $100 (before shipping or any additional discount) will receive a free tshirt.

If interested, please PM me for this deal

Tautog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

These shirts cost me more than $15 to be made and also after all the fees getting them sent to me, there's not much margin. If the shirts were only 1 color or maybe 2 then they would only cost about $13-$15 tops, but these have a lot of color to them and not easy to make. If i could make these myself i wouldn't mind handing them out. There's a lot of shirts out there with advertising on them that costs $29+.

Well i don't mind doing a different special and taking some loss to get some shirts out there to the reefing community.

How about this, until March 31st any size shirts will be $16.99 and free shipping. Any livestock orders made by then over $100 (before shipping or any additional discount) will receive a free tshirt.

If interested, please PM me for this deal
I'm not trying to make any big deal about how you conduct business, but you need to find a new t-shirt guy at those prices. Keep it simple, design a small logo for the front pocket area, no pocket necessary. Keep the back for any fish, coral, or combo. Buy a hundred, you should be able to get a good price. Then every time you order, change the back picture and color of the shirt. Your art work for the logo will be low, and with a little luck, so will the price per shirt. It needs to be, you want your staff wearing them, and your customers.
I'm Joe customer, I just paid you $200.00, $300.00 for a fish or coral. How nice it would be to have a t-shirt with a " high-end fish or coral on it, and it's on my back and in my tank! If your customer can't afford that fish, and there into the hobby, how cool would it be to wear a shirt like that! I'd buy one! Try to keep your cost down, under $10.00, charge $15.00. Now, I spend $$$$$, why wouldn't you give a shirt? I'm sure you would. That's why under $10.00
Good Luck, I wish you all the best! Remember, Free advertising is the best, and it lasts the longest.

donnievaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got me one!! I'm in va and go to a bunch of meets so why not have a sweet looking shirt for that! I have Jason fox WWC and a few others as well, it's not advertising it's called supporting a business so we can enjoy these beautiful reef creations at home!

I got one too but to say it's not advertising is delusional...

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I will be buying a shirt for sure. Thank you for signing up for our Coral show this coming November.:)
An I will pay full price to support you too.Keep up the good work.

Also posted about it on our Facebook group page.

Last edited:

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are very nice shirts and I love the design. I would drop $20 on that in a heartbeat, especially considering a decent drink at the bar costs $8. I spend a ton of money on promotional materials every year, including shirts. If I can help introduce you to any vendors to help you get a lower cost basis please feel free to PM me. I have learned that good swag is not cheap. ;)

OP
OP
Supreme Reefs

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im glad everyone likes the shirts and thank you very much for your support!

I have looked at a lot of different shirt vendors and im happy with what i got, the material is a lot better quality than all the sample shirts that the other vendors sent me.

OP
OP
Supreme Reefs

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are very nice shirts and I love the design. I would drop $20 on that in a heartbeat, especially considering a decent drink at the bar costs $8. I spend a ton of money on promotional materials every year, including shirts. If I can help introduce you to any vendors to help you get a lower cost basis please feel free to PM me. I have learned that good swag is not cheap. ;)

Thank you!

I agree, its not cheap lol. But only the best for my Supreme supporters!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back