Fungus?

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does fungus look like? I have 2 frags that are closed and have white stringy stuff on them. Not really sure what it is. The polyps have a clear coating. Is this caused possibly stress or is it a fungus? I have no camera for pics. Sorry. Any help or advise would be great. Thanks

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fungus I'm used to seeing on zoas is cottony. When I get a highly stressed frag, it might have almost transparent stalks (and usually don't make it).

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some stressed ones like that, and I iodine dipped them every night for 5 min for a long time, about 2 weeks. I got a few frags to make it, but most of them passed away. Higher flow, good light seemed to help the most.
Hope this helps, :(
Laurie

OP
OP
JGoslee

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I dipped them in the peroxide for 5 min and then put them back in the tank in a high flow area directly under the lights. I think Ill try the iodine dip if this doesnt work.

OP
OP
JGoslee

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does'nt look good. The polyps have turned transparent and now look realy bad. I dont think they are going to make it.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back