Gen 4 Radions - Disco rave

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just equipped the temporary frag/grow out tank with Gen4 Pro radions yesterday. Was previously running 6 bulb T5 on the 40 long tank. Immediately I was disappointed in the level of disco ball effect from the LEDs. Going to attempt some solutions since the reduced electricity bill is the overall gain and will be adding many more additional lights. I run high flow and I'm not enthused about the idea of reducing surface water agitation and changing flow patterns that the corals have adjusted to.

Let's here your current experience and strategies you've used to resolve this. If you have questions PM me and I'll reply, and put relevant info in the thread. Lets try (I know it's hard) to keep focus on current LED ripple effects and the solutions to resolve.

Currently going to go to home depot and see what materials I can get to make diffusers, and possibly look for some glass and sandpaper it.

Read...set...go!

Chris L

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm. Im running g4's at the moment and dont really notice too much disco. Im running the AB+ light color. Maybe some people are more sensitive. Maybe i dont care. The main thing is my SPS are growing lol.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you referring to Shimmer or actual disco lights on the coral/rock/sand? I have the G4's and have mainly shimmer, no disco balls here. The G3's had more of the disco ball effect on substrate/rocks and corals

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back