GHL Profilux 4 and Davy Jones Locker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all
I hope someone can help I've bought an avast Davy Jones skimmer locker with a level sensor and have no idea how to set it up turn turn my skimmer off when the locker is full, I'm new to controllers and just setting up my Profilux 4. Thanks in advance
Paul

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I understand - David Jones Locker has different setups and they have a ProfiLux set up with a minidin 6 plug. You need that setup.

If you are able waiting to Monday morning I will post a turtial for you. I´m not at home and can´t take any screen shots. You need to connect the miniplug, identify which sensor, make a level control respond to that sensor and take the function leak detect. Now you have create the alarm function. To have your skimmer pump to stop working if it is filled up you have to connect the skimmer pump to a switchable output, make a programmable logic that activate the outlet constant with the exception of filled skimmer. This “code” must then control the outlet. Its not so difficult – its German logics but very difficult to explain without any screen shoots

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I understand - David Jones Locker has different setups and they have a ProfiLux set up with a minidin 6 plug. You need that setup.

If you are able waiting to Monday morning I will post a turtial for you. I´m not at home and can´t take any screen shots. You need to connect the miniplug, identify which sensor, make a level control respond to that sensor and take the function leak detect. Now you have create the alarm function. To have your skimmer pump to stop working if it is filled up you have to connect the skimmer pump to a switchable output, make a programmable logic that activate the outlet constant with the exception of filled skimmer. This “code” must then control the outlet. Its not so difficult – its German logics but very difficult to explain without any screen shoots

Sincerely Lasse

Thankyou Lasse, yes I have the dedicated Profilux one, I have connected to the level input, but I have no idea from there how to program from there, I'll have another look tomorrow now you have suggested the leak sensor as the function, but I wouldn't know where to start with the logic programming, any help you can provide next week would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's simple to program really but looks like Martian to me lol.
Thanks Paul

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mortie31

Open GCC to the left probe/sensor Control/ level

Screen Shot 02-24-17 at 05.44 PM.PNG

Do not put in the mini DIN Contact yet

Step 1

Look at setting and state level settings. If you only have the p4 (no extension box) it will look like this

Screen Shot 02-24-17 at 05.45 PM.PNG

Step 2

On the backside you have two mini DIN Contacts for level indicators. The lower one serve sensor 1 and 2 (if you do not have a split for two sensors – it serve as sensor 1) Put in the din contact of the sensor in the lower female contact. Let the floating body of the sensor hang down.

State (direct) and State (delayed) at sensor 1 shows a minus sign. If you move the floating body up and down slowly - it will alternate between X and - You have found your level sensor

Screen Shot 02-26-17 at 11.48 PM.PNG

Step 3

I normaly change the reaction tim to 5 s instead of 1. Just dubbel click in the window for delay and edit the number to 5 (or whatever)

Screen Shot 02-26-17 at 11.56 PM.PNG

Step 4

Now we will configure a level function. Dubbel click at the row Control Circuit 1 or which you want.

Screen Shot 02-26-17 at 11.59 PM.PNG

Edit the function. I chose Leckage detection because it will give an alarm if its filled up, maximum on-time 0:00:00 (it means that you disable that function - you do not need it here), I un check the Reset error automatically - it means that I have to reset the alarm manually after fixing the issue (empty skimmer cup). I like it that way but if you do not need that level of control - you can have the option checked.

In this example sensor 1 was the one to use. Which to use - we tested out at step 2

Do not forget to name the function.

Click OK

Screen Shot 02-27-17 at 12.02 AM.PNG

After this - do not forget to save in the upper left Save Changes - just click it

Screen Shot 02-27-17 at 12.13 AM.PNG

Step 5

Click progamable logic

Screen Shot 02-27-17 at 12.17 AM.PNG

Step 6

Dubble click G1

Screen Shot 02-27-17 at 12.18 AM.PNG

Step 7

Configure this way. Click ok and do not forget to click on Save Changes at upper left

Screen Shot 02-27-17 at 12.26 AM.PNG

Step 8

To have a socket to behave as you want

Expand the plus before system - click on switch channels and outlets - dubble click the socket of your choise - in my case - socket 1. chose function programable logic 1 and name the function. Click OK and do not forget to click on save Changes at the upper left

Screen Shot 02-27-17 at 12.32 AM.PNG

The most common mistake is to forget to click at save changes at upper left - see the arrow. After this it should look like below. The bloe sign at S1 indicate an Active outlet

Screen Shot 02-27-17 at 12.35 AM.PNG

Step 8

Now should you test the function. Before you do that - go back to level and check reset errors automatically - and click OK and do not forget to click at save changes at upper left :). It will make it easier to test - you do not need to reset the alarm at the device. After testing - you can uncheck it again if you want. Have the Swich channel and outlets open. Move the floating body of the sensor uppwards and wait at least 5 sec. Now should the S1 lose its blu colour and indicate that the channel is of. When you move the body downwards - after 5 sec it should turn blue again. If you have your powerbar connected you can see that the indicator light will change.

This is one way of configuring - there is other ways also - but this works for me. When the email option is implemented for P4 – you can use that in order to get information

If you do not wan´t any alarms you can use an other level function like Auto top off -

For my Aquarium I have done a my set up whitch stop my return pump, my heater and my dosing pumps if my top off pump is working more tha 10 minutes and create an alarm (normal fill up time - around 6 minutes) These things will also stop at other alarms.

Hope this will help you to understand the logics of ProfiLux - this is one solution - there will probaly exist more ways to solve this problem

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Lasse, I will try this when I get back from work, I'm assuming the pressure sensor supplied by avast will work in the same way as a float switch...

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes i supose that. If it works the other way around - there is a possibility to invert the function in the software.

Screen Shot 02-27-17 at 02.53 PM.PNG

What i like most with GHL is the flexibility At step 7 - there is one more possibility to invert the function. It means that you can use the same sensor to opposite tasks

Screen Shot 02-27-17 at 02.59 PM.PNG

Sincerely Lasse

Dogtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for posting this detailed information. It was exactly what I needed to get the same configuration working.

Dogtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of details that may complement Lassie's instructions.

file1.jpeg
I added a couple of details that may complement Lassie's instructions.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back