OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That isnt bad, do you still have your shopping list for your purchase?

Rails - 40-4004-Black-FB - by the inch
45% angle bracket - 40-2563-Black (these are 18"...I'd intended to order 6". I've reordered those #30-2565)
T-bolts - 3302 - Qty 4
End cap - 12260 - Qty 2
Corner connector - 33470 - Qty 2 (attaches horizontal rail to the perpendicular rail)
Cable clip - 12319 - Qty 3

As far as attaching it I was able to drill holes in the back wall of my stand. This way I was able to insert the T-bolts and tighten them to hold the rails in place against the back. There are other options for attaching depending on your set up. I had originally ordered 1 1/4" bolts...had to reorder 1 1/2" and a couple of extra washers for spacers because the top of the stand has a slight over hang. I also drilled a hole just big enough for the hanging cable to fit through so I didn't have to use the top part of the hanging kit.

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've got the 60" in white over a 300g 84"x27"x30"tall. The overflow on the right side of the tank allows for me to use a slightly shorter fixture and keep my depth front to back across the length of the tank. I'm digging it so far. I'll post about our light schedule later this evening.

IMG_3690.JPG

Where did you order your white Aurora from? I was looking for white to match my Elos stand but could only find the textured charcoal from BRS. I'm so jealous!

boxofrocks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you order your white Aurora from? I was looking for white to match my Elos stand but could only find the textured charcoal from BRS. I'm so jealous!
I actually bought it slightly used from an Elos store in Southlake Texas. He had it on a tank in the shop and swapped to some other fixture so I was able to pick it up for a great deal. Funny enough I wanted the charcoal myself but this was far too good of a deal to pass on.

OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of days ago I realized my moon lighting wasn't working. Just tested it...setting it to run right now and it's not coming on. Am I missing something? Do you have to activate it somewhere? I don't see anything on any of the tabs.

OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I just figured out the problem. When I click the moonlight tab and the box pops up I normally just click ok...assuming it would select the #0 Master automatically. Well...I was just playing around with it and this time I selected it then clicked ok and what do you know...the freaking moonlight came on! :)

Caliwagon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm seriously considering getting myself this fixture for my 65 reboot project.

@boxofrocks @Mike_J @Broadfield

What are your current thoughts on the fixture and do you all have before and after shots??? I'm definitely wanting to go more sps.

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I just figured out the problem. When I click the moonlight tab and the box pops up I normally just click ok...assuming it would select the #0 Master automatically. Well...I was just playing around with it and this time I selected it then clicked ok and what do you know...the freaking moonlight came on! :)

I was just getting ready to tell you that... I had the same thing happen to me the other day.

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What are your current thoughts on the fixture and do you all have before and after shots??? I'm definitely wanting to go more sps.

My current thoughts, which are the same as my past and future thoughts lol... this thing is amazing! What are you wanting before and after shots of?... old lighting and this lighting?

OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm loving this light. I've been using Radions for over a year and was hap

I'm loving the light. I've been running Radions for a couple of years. I'd been looking at other tanks with T5s and like the overall look the lights gave. Once you get the hang of the software it's pretty easy. The fixture itself is just gorgeous. So far all the corals are also loving the light from the T5s. I'm still slowly ramping up. I'm currently up to 38% and headed to about 60% to get the par where it needs to be.

Caliwagon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current thoughts, which are the same as my past and future thoughts lol... this thing is amazing! What are you wanting before and after shots of?... old lighting and this lighting?

I have a gen3 radion currently, but feel like I don't have enough coverage for my tank size and have been really impressed with the more complete coverage the hybrid option covers. If I had a hood I would look at a retrofit.

As far as the before and after; what'd your tank look like with the previous fixture? Your current tank shots look amazing!

cpap0802

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you guys share the bulb combination used with these fixtures?
Thanks.

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also currently running 2 ATI Blue Plus and 2 Giesemann AquaBlue Coral.

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you guys share the bulb combination used with these fixtures?
Thanks.

I'm currently running all Giesemann AquaBlue Coral.

I have also ran all Giesemann Actinic Blue and could make the tank look exactly like the all AquaBlue Coral with LED adjustments. So I wouldn't get caught up "too" much on which bulbs you use from a cosmetic standpoint... because you can typically get the color you want by adjusting the LED channels. With that being said, I'm always trying new bulb combinations:)

cpap0802

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running all Giesemann AquaBlue Coral.

I have also ran all Giesemann Actinic Blue and could make the tank look exactly like the all AquaBlue Coral with LED adjustments. So I wouldn't get caught up "too" much on which bulbs you use from a cosmetic standpoint... because you can typically get the color you want by adjusting the LED channels. With that being said, I'm always trying new bulb combinations:)

What are your LED settings for each channel with the bulb combination you have?
Thank you.

Im shallow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually bought it slightly used from an Elos store in Southlake Texas. He had it on a tank in the shop and swapped to some other fixture so I was able to pick it up for a great deal. Funny enough I wanted the charcoal myself but this was far too good of a deal to pass on.
Danny ???

Im shallow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any par numbers for this fixture ... have a 60 inch in white

dricc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back