Give me some suggestions...

mkunk1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for some lower light corals that I could get started with - I am sick of looking at rock! Can I get some ideas that I could throw in the tank that will also be good when I upgrade my lights in a couple months. Right now my LUX is ~15,000 at the surface. Tank is a 40 breeder.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, right now it's just T5. But will be adding LED's when I upgrade
If its a decent t5 is not really that low. But look a lepto's, cyphasteria, stylos and birdsnest higher up. I had really good luck with blasto merletti's. And most shrooms.

a note. divide lux by 40 and 50 for a decent t5 to get a basic idea of par.
An ATI tube on a good ballast gave me 30,000 to 40,000 measured at about 8 inches.

OP
OP
mkunk1

mkunk1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its a decent t5 is not really that low. But look a lepto's, cyphasteria, stylos and birdsnest higher up. I had really good luck with blasto merletti's. And most shrooms.

a note. divide lux by 40 and 50 for a decent t5 to get a basic idea of par.
An ATI tube on a good ballast gave me 30,000 to 40,000 measured at about 8 inches.

Thanks! will do. Any soft/leathers?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! will do. Any soft/leathers?
Ive sust never been a leather guy. The ones I have had were higher light or at least would take higher light.

Im also a big fan of liveaquaria. the specs and needs listed for coral are pretty good...

Also I have a Pink gorgonian that will def do low light. the one I forgot in the sump for 4 months actually grew pretty well.
keep in mind you prob in the 150 par range in the middle of the tank, thats def zoa paly territory...CLove polyps on the sand too.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back