Good place to get nice acans, scolys, and other lps corals

badstorm48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like the title says I'm looking for more places to get nice lps corals. I go to acanlord and worldwide corals. Was wondering of some other places that have great corals like them. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
badstorm48

badstorm48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefers direct looks interesting I may have to get some sps corals from them. I've recently found a love for chalices and acan. I really like scollys, but have a hard time paying 2-300 dollars for a coral even though I really like them. Are scoly corals easy to care for or can they be hard to care for? I have an easier time spending a lot of money on a coral if I know the chances are with me with it living or not.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefers direct looks interesting I may have to get some sps corals from them. I've recently found a love for chalices and acan. I really like scollys, but have a hard time paying 2-300 dollars for a coral even though I really like them. Are scoly corals easy to care for or can they be hard to care for? I have an easier time spending a lot of money on a coral if I know the chances are with me with it living or not.

My scoly is happy if there are some NO3 and PO4 and if he stays in low light. My tank has lots of light (375-385 PAR on the sandbed of a 27" deep tank). If I put the scoly in direct light, all of the orange streaks will bleach out to clear windows and then it will look REAL unhappy. So i put it in a shady spot under a rock (I dunno the PAR there, I suspect below 200) but since then it has attained an electric yellow sheen over the whole coral, and seems to be thriving.

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cherry and reefersdirect are awesome folks...
Another good spot for acans is alldelightcorals, Darrel has some real headie pieces

ReefersDirect

Reefers Direct
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see sales on the horizon... and a new Reefers Direct website :)

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found Austin Aqua Farm! Great deals for some Aussie Acans , scolys , lobos and much more. Definitely one of the best prices for WYSIWYG. IMO

Sssssssssh! I was hoping to keep this jewel a secret. Seriously a great place for acans and scolys.

johntdaballa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sssssssssh! I was hoping to keep this jewel a secret. Seriously a great place for acans and scolys.

Lol I hope I can make a day trip and visit the place.
This should be a hidden gem lol with all the great deals. I came across this place watching Mr.saltwater . I haven't found any aqua farms in Houston just yet. So when I found Austin aqua Farm I was super surprised.
Watched a few video tours and applaud them for keeping it look so clean . Although the video is a bit old.

Do you have any hidden gems? Lol pm me [emoji850]

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back