Got a PICO reef? Show it off here!

Mushroom Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm officially in, look what just showed up! :D

IMG_3830_zpse8sx08ls.jpg

Whoops, I forgot to toss the Tunze nanostream 6040 in for the photo... forgive me :eek:

Awesome! Don't have to guess what you're up to at the moment :)

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to decide where I want to put it and if I want to build a stand for it, or just set it on a glass top table I have (I got a foam pad for it). Then I have to decide what to put in it. Dry rock? Or rock out of the 200? Decisions, decisions lol

Mushroom Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see why you'd like it there, I think it looks fantastic! Is that a fireplace off to the right? If so, my only concern would be temp swings when in use.

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to decide where I want to put it and if I want to build a stand for it, or just set it on a glass top table I have (I got a foam pad for it). Then I have to decide what to put in it. Dry rock? Or rock out of the 200? Decisions, decisions lol

I'd mix the rock: some dry and some cured, then pile it on.

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kinda like it here. I dunno if I am going to paint the back black or not. What you y'all think?

IMG_3833_zps0z2rsj84.jpg

I've never covered the backs with anything in 28 years of this hobby. I like to see the world [emoji289] inside and out. Groovy setup BTW[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see why you'd like it there, I think it looks fantastic! Is that a fireplace off to the right? If so, my only concern would be temp swings when in use.

Fireplace is next to it. I'm in Florida, so it only gets used on occasion. I'm thinking I can move the table with the tank a few feet away when I do use the fireplace.

I've never covered the backs with anything in 28 years of this hobby. I like to see the world [emoji289] inside and out. Groovy setup BTW[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Thanks! I never did in the past, but I did paint the back in my big display tank this time and it REALLY cleans up the look. I'll sleep on it and see if that helps the decision making process. Lol

I put the pump and heater in, gonna play around with their placement a bit. They may be the deciding factor in whether the back gets painted black or not. It might really help to conceal them. So far though I think it is gonna be pretty slick.

Bare Bottom or Sand? I'm leaning towards an inch of sand, though bare bottom might make it a little easier on maintanence. I'm not planning on any form of filtration. Just waterchanges and a light bioload. We will see how that pans out.

IMG_3837_zpsam5neiuv.jpg

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fireplace is next to it. I'm in Florida, so it only gets used on occasion. I'm thinking I can move the table with the tank a few feet away when I do use the fireplace.

Thanks! I never did in the past, but I did paint the back in my big display tank this time and it REALLY cleans up the look. I'll sleep on it and see if that helps the decision making process. Lol

I put the pump and heater in, gonna play around with their placement a bit. They may be the deciding factor in whether the back gets painted black or not. It might really help to conceal them. So far though I think it is gonna be pretty slick.

Bare Bottom or Sand? I'm leaning towards an inch of sand, though bare bottom might make it a little easier on maintanence. I'm not planning on any form of filtration. Just waterchanges and a light bioload. We will see how that pans out.

IMG_3837_zpsam5neiuv.jpg

I like the sand idea. I used Bahamian oolite which after the biological process began, started to settle and condense. It's actually easy to get the yuck up.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did a little carving on a chunk of pukani, I think we may have a winner. It's soaking in bleach water right now, with a secondary possibility. Plenty of time to decide still!

IMG_3854_zpsts3kczb8.jpg
That's really cool!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back