Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice tanks!

serenade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely interested in a pico forum. I'm in the process of getting my 4 gallon innovative marine pico going. Just trying to choose lighting since pc's were the hot thing the last time I had anything this small running! Lol

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a five gallon pico. Trying to decide which direction I should go with it. Any suggestions? Thought about maybe a zoa or euphyllia garden.... thoughts? Ideas?

IMG_9280.JPG
I would get some softies. Although it might look awesome to have frogspawn or whatnot in such a small space.

Totally support this! (Small tanks are my favorite tanks, cause they make smaller cooler stuff look bigger...) I just put together a 1 gallon overflow. Used ABS textured black plastic for the back overflow and it looks pretty nice. Unfortunately, as with all clamps on thin glass, it shattered in the back! That, my friends, was a NIGHTMARE. Anyway, I use bleached acros as my LR, and the main stuff is dragons tongue/breath macro. I'll post a picture tomorrow. But to briefly go back to your question, audikers, I would actually try some dragons breath, as well as zoas.

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2328.JPG
IMG_2324.JPG
IMG_2322.JPG
Pictures, as promised; couldn't get dragons breath to show true color, but then again, pictures never accentuate the true beauty of anything-- at least, in my case, kheheh! Oh, and sorry about the blue but it's on a timer, and, well...I'm too lasy to use a real camera and not my phone... anyway, I'm gonna be transferring my cheap RFA and a mushroom, golden torch, and possibly some zoas I dubbed the 'Eyes of Sauron.'
Yeah, I'm a LOTR nerd, so what?
... And a green banded goby.
IMG_2336.JPG
For the first pico I made from scratch, I'm kinda proud! ; ]
-Mike

Last edited:

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ADA 30w thats going to be a pico. Going with an Aquaclear 50 w/ intank media basket (hiding a cobalt neotherm 75 in there) and an Aquamaxx Nemolight Nano.

It gets wet tomorrow!

Hey, that's my light! How do you like it?

TikiBird

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this thread! I'm about to set up my AquaTop Zen Nano 3 (2.6 gallons) as a pico featuring asterina stars...at least that's my plan for now!

kanders87

Sarcasm Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started cycling an Evolve 8 that I picked up used for $40. Just ordered an upgraded pump for $14, and using a Coralife mini T5 for now. Might upgrade lights down the road, but we'll see how it goes. About 8# of Fiji pink sand and 7-8# of live rock. Need ideas for stocking, so any suggestions are welcome! Maybe an anemone and sexy shrimp plus some easy corals?

IMG_0551.JPG

taintstick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0680.JPG

Don't judge me! lol I'm letting my tank get a little dirty so it goes through all its acclimation process'. Been running for about 3 months, once ready (5-6 months), I will cut shrooms and create a mushroom "carpet" with xenias in the back corners. Those are plans for the 6.5 gallon fluval. Subscribed and will post photos once complete.

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad days, folks. Sad days. The (not so) permanent solution to the cracked glass back panel became a temporary solution...very fast. So now i gotta run to petco and get somethin like a spec V....OH, WHY? Why? Sob...
I'm stingy, k? You've all been in colledge before, scrounging around for scraps...
Speaking of, anyone live in ct and can look after my reefs? I'm conducting my dissertation research in the South Pole this summer, and cannot afford to lose any time :).
Nah, my old man'll do it. Happy [small] reefing!

Back