Here's looking @ U

039.jpg

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't see this everyday. Since I added the 2 new ones, Bell is out all the time with them.

073copy.jpg

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't see this everyday. Since I added the 2 new ones, Bell is out all the time with them.

073copy.jpg
now, that's awesome!!

Line Spot Flasher, Blue Flasher, and Bell's Flasher. I think the Attenuatus is on the background too. or is that one of the 5 McKosker's? :)

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great shots you guys!

Marv, that's it man I'm coming over! Tons of fish AND sticks? Who woulda thunk!?!

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now, that's awesome!!

Line Spot Flasher, Blue Flasher, and Bell's Flasher. I think the Attenuatus is on the background too. or is that one of the 5 McKosker's? :)

Thta's the Attenuatus in the background

So none of your guys are quarantining your new arrivals?

I don't Q wrasses. Not wise I know, but...........

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is WOW!! if there is anyone who is not already taken by these beautiful fish all they need to do is watch one of these videos. All the color and activity they add to your tank. Beautiful job guys!

Hey quick question for you wrasse experts...what do you feed your wrasses?

Sorry hated to hijack....since we here at r2r don't endorse such behavior ;)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So none of your guys are quarantining your new arrivals?
No, I wish I had the room though. QT'ing never hurts, so I recommend it to whoever has the luxury to have one.

Hey quick question for you wrasse experts...what do you feed your wrasses?
a little bit of everything... Formula 1 flakes, Spectrum pellets (both 1mm & 0.5mm), Brine (original, enriched, w/ spiriluna), Mysis (PE & Hikari), Formula 1 (RDF: Rapid Delivery Formulation frozen)

I feed 2-4x/day depending how long I'm home during photoperiod. I try to feed heavy the day before a water change. I normally feed flakes & pellets first and save the frozen stuff before lights out. hope this helps. :)

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed about the same, lots of it. They are very active fish and need to be fed quite a bit.
Video of the Bellae on its way. Finishing on Youtube

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here we go!!!!!!!!!

[video=youtube;Zy4qqsUrjJ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy4qqsUrjJ4&hd=1[/video]

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WARNING!!! here's a series of post as your WARNING.

Pls read before trying this at home. Personally, I don't advocate going into loading your tank with fishes if you're not ready to take on the responsibility. also, have a back up plan on what you will do with your fish if something needs to be done to keep the peace. READ, READ, READ and gain from other's experience if you're going to try this! one's tank will be different from the other. one tank will work out just okay while for someone it won't. as for me, pls go through my tank thread or ask me through pm if you have any questions about my tank. whew! hope that covers my WARNING message. ;)

I just want to put this out there ... I know many see this vast list of wrasses that Brad has and the quantity that Marvin has in his tank as well and think that "I can do that too then". Please remember that everyones tank is different and you have to make sure you have the right combo and remove some too if you get issues. Also, YOU MUST HAVE HIDING LOCATIONS for these F&F wrasses! I've had 9 F&F in a 268G tank with an open aquascape and could not add any more because of aggression issues with the lack of hiding room. Brad has a very established tank with lots of escape area's in his rockwork and large corals. Marvin has his rockwork designed to have lots of hiding spots as well. Just something to keep in mind when planning your tanks and F&F stocking lists ;)
Thanks Sara. I thought I had posted something about this in here but I guess I posted it in my thread. I'll find the post and post it in the original post as a warning. :)

Sara, Thank you. You are completely right. Sometimes,, well most of the time I get carried away showing my fish, and forget that I need to remember to remind people that I have built a system from the ground up to support these creatures. Not everyone can realize the amount of equipment and money it takes to create a stable system to support an aquarium like mine. It takes tons of work, lots of live rock and constant care to hopefully maintain an environment suitable for the well being of these gorgeouse creatures.
I thank you again for bringing this up and agree with you 100 percent.
yes, it does take a lot of time and dedication to do this. if your system is not built for these awesome fishes and not ready to do the work, pls don't try this at home. ;)

Last edited:

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nicely said by all 3 of you :)

It is easy to get carried away with thoughts of your own tank busy will all that bright color. But one must remain grounded and make sure their plans are well thought out in all aspects.

"the planning stage" is very very inportant!

That's where I am and it STINKS!! 'Cause I want to add my F&F NOW!! But I know it will pay off in the end to be responsible and think this through properly....Dang it! I hate having to act like a grown up :squigglemouth:

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nicely said by all 3 of you :)

It is easy to get carried away with thoughts of your own tank busy will all that bright color. But one must remain grounded and make sure their plans are well thought out in all aspects.

"the planning stage" is very very inportant!

That's where I am and it STINKS!! 'Cause I want to add my F&F NOW!! But I know it will pay off in the end to be responsible and think this through properly....Dang it! I hate having to act like a grown up :squigglemouth:
:hammer:

I'm sure you'll find a very nice Pink Margin when the time comes. :)

Back