Got Fish?!?

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope so....but I might put in a few flashers first. Then the fairy's.....who knows right now but believe me I will be running it by you experts before I purchase anything. ;)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope so....but I might put in a few flashers first. Then the fairy's.....who knows right now but believe me I will be running it by you experts before I purchase anything. ;)
sounds like a great plan. there are definitely some flashers to have IMHO. one of them is the Linespot flasher wrasse (Paracheilinus Lineopunctatus). for the price, you cannot beat the colors when flashing. see my avatar. ;)

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the linespot also called the blue flasher? I just noticed the scientific names are the same. Your linespot is a stud for sure! :) that is one of the flashers on my list as well as a mccoskers. I have always liked their colors. Those are really the main flashers I like. Would also like to have the pink margin (c. Rubrimarginatus), labout's (c. Laboutei), lineatus (c. Lineatus) & golden rhomboidalis (c. Rhomboidalis). I'm just not sure if I will be able to have all my wish list in my 120 or if those would get along. Plus I would have to add the fairy's one at a time due to the cost of several of them.

So many fish so few gallons. Lol

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the linespot also called the blue flasher? I just noticed the scientific names are the same. Your linespot is a stud for sure! :) that is one of the flashers on my list as well as a mccoskers. I have always liked their colors. Those are really the main flashers I like. Would also like to have the pink margin (c. Rubrimarginatus), labout's (c. Laboutei), lineatus (c. Lineatus) & golden rhomboidalis (c. Rhomboidalis). I'm just not sure if I will be able to have all my wish list in my 120 or if those would get along. Plus I would have to add the fairy's one at a time due to the cost of several of them.

So many fish so few gallons. Lol
Linespot flasher is (Paracheilinus Lineopunctatus) and Blue flasher is (Paracheilinus Cyaneus). they are very similar but the Blue flasher looks more like a Filamented (Paracheilinus Filamentosus) but with Linespot coloration.

those F&F wrasses should co exist just fine. I believe Brad has all of them. I currently don't have the Pink Margin but will be hunting for one in exchange of my smaller male Lineatus. :)

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have all of them. But your tank will be half of mine, so just add them slowly and see how they interact with each other.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have all of them. But your tank will be half of mine, so just add them slowly and see how they interact with each other.
Brad, who's the biggest out of the Lineatus, Pink Margin, or Laboutei? and what sequence did you add them?

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar question. I just wondered what order u would recommend from my list? And if any were in your experience more of a bully than the rest?

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lineatus is the largest, then pink margin then the 2 labouti's.
I think that is the order I would recommend also.
I bought the 2 labout's very small from DD as a pair. They have tripled in size and now I believe they are both males. It's been constant chasing for the last week. If it doesn't subside I will have to remove one.
My 3 rhomboids are the only fairy species so far that haven't sparred. Knock on wood.
I think I will do as Marvin, and only keep one male of each species I have. Other than the rhomboids.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lineatus is the largest, then pink margin then the 2 labouti's.
I think that is the order I would recommend also.
I bought the 2 labout's very small from DD as a pair. They have tripled in size and now I believe they are both males. It's been constant chasing for the last week. If it doesn't subside I will have to remove one.
My 3 rhomboids are the only fairy species so far that haven't sparred. Knock on wood.
I think I will do as Marvin, and only keep one male of each species I have. Other than the rhomboids.
sounds good man. I might have to find a smaller male Pink Margin and keep in the box for at least 5-7 days to make sure he's fatten up and ready for a chase around for at least the 1st day or two. at least he'll have some fat on him just in case he's not able to eat. I think my big Lineatus is a gentle giant, so that's a plus for me. ;)

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They also have a Red Tail Flasher Marvin. You need to pick him up, awesome little fish :)

Or...wait....no you don't...I need to have at least one F&F that you guys don't have, haha.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They also have a Red Tail Flasher Marvin. You need to pick him up, awesome little fish :)

Or...wait....no you don't...I need to have at least one F&F that you guys don't have, haha.
I purposely didn't go online after I saw the pics on DD a while ago on my phone. I knew it was very tempting to get both. need to catch the Lineatus! figures, when you're really not looking, they're available. I just need to be on the "not looking mode" all the time. ;)

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew that would tempt you Marvin. :snicker:
Soon as I saw them on FB , I thought of you.
Back on track.... I caught my attenuatus showing his stuff today but I had to catch it with my cell phone. So it's not all that great.

[video=youtube;MhfgcgQEkfQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhfgcgQEkfQ[/video]

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew that would tempt you Marvin. :snicker:
Soon as I saw them on FB , I thought of you.
Back on track.... I caught my attenuatus showing his stuff today but I had to catch it with my cell phone. So it's not all that great.
your Attenuatus looks amazing Brad. I wonder why mine doesn't get as big as yours and Sara's. LoL. I'm happy to see that all the flashers look to all hang out together. kinda cool to see. and if that's the Bell's I see in the front, that's great. he seems to be feeling at home now. :)

yeah, I had to keep myself from going online last night just to be safe. and had to settle watching these guys flash the night away. :wink:

04-04-2011Linespot1.jpg

04-04-2011Linespot3.jpg

04-04-2011Linespot2.jpg

04-04-2011YellowFin1.jpg

04-04-2011Carpenterz1.jpg

04-04-2011Hooded1.jpg

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its so hard to settle watching those guys huh. haha. I'm at least happy that my flashers are still flashing in their temp tank.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its so hard to settle watching those guys huh. haha. I'm at least happy that my flashers are still flashing in their temp tank.
yeah, it was tough! :wink:

I'm glad yours keep flashing. someday, I will own a Red Tail and when the stars align, I'll get a Bell's as well. just hard for me... 1 season of golf or Bell's flasher? :confused:

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say golf and when the bell comes available again, take out a loan.:snicker:
Seriously, the Bell is out All of the time now and very easy to get pictures of. They all hang out right in the center of the tank which is perfect for this weekend.
Our local club, Utahreefs.com is having our annual open house reeftour this saturday, so I'll be opening up my house to any and all guests to come and learn about my tank.
This will be my seventh year in a row, so I couldn't miss it even though my daughter is getting married next weekend.
Here are a couple more shots I took yesterday , It's amazing to see the marbling effect of the flashers skin.

029copy-1.jpg

009copy.jpg

I wish you guys were closer, you could stop by this weekend. 1smile1

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say golf and when the bell comes available again, take out a loan.:snicker:
Seriously, the Bell is out All of the time now and very easy to get pictures of. They all hang out right in the center of the tank which is perfect for this weekend.
Our local club, Utahreefs.com is having our annual open house reeftour this saturday, so I'll be opening up my house to any and all guests to come and learn about my tank.
This will be my seventh year in a row, so I couldn't miss it even though my daughter is getting married next weekend.
Here are a couple more shots I took yesterday , It's amazing to see the marbling effect of the flashers skin.

I wish you guys were closer, you could stop by this weekend. 1smile1
man, the Bell's looks awesome!

now that I have a few more flasher's, I dunno how it's going to be if I ever get a Bell's. :confused:

Hungriee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
marv your fish collection is intense. Great selection - definitely got fish traffic hhaha

Back