Greetings from Cypress, TX (Houston)

CounterCurrent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the reef bug has bit me and my wife again. I started learning how to keep saltwater tanks back in the early 90's. I was running a 85 gallon corner tank in the bedroom and a 140 gallon in our family room area. Both tanks ran metal halide for lighting and sumps/refugiums. Sadly we had a terrible storm down here and was out of power for 2 weeks. While I was able to rotate the tanks on my generator the strain was just too much for the lps/sps in the tanks. We made a decision to shut down the tanks. Fast forward several years. At first my wife was very much against the hobby due to cost. Once she saw how awesome the critters and corals are she was hooked. Anyway I'm in the process of buiI llding out my list of components I'll need to set up a small tank. I have settled on a JBJ 30RL rimless tank. For lighting I'm not going to scrimp (learned from the other 2 it is cheaper to pay up front) and get the orphek atlantik compact. Skimmer will be an octopus H1000BH hang on. As far as livestock I plan on a mixed tank with sps and a few softies. I look forward to making new friends and learning more about the new stuff available to us to keep our kiddos healthy and growing.

My name is Mel but I go by CounterCurrent as you can see.

Blessings an prosperity to all

CC

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to REEF2REEF! We're very glad you joined and hope that you will enjoy the forums, enter contest, start a tank thread, and just be a part of our family friendly community!

Start a new tank thread here: Member Tanks

Enter a FREE contest here: R2R Giveaway and Contest Forum

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back