I've had them for 2 weeks, its still a baby
IMG_4035.JPG

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well now that I know my nitrates are zero I know I can begin to feed them more and I'll look into dosing nitrates if need be.

What exactly do you use to dose nitrates? I have been having issues with my nitrates being low and no matter how much I over feed I can't get them to come up. Same with Phosphates.

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What exactly do you use to dose nitrates? I have been having issues with my nitrates being low and no matter how much I over feed I can't get them to come up. Same with Phosphates.
sometimes I wish I had this problem lol
mine constantly stay about 10...that tank, I cant keep acros/montis to save my life :(

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine constantly stay about 10...that tank, I cant keep acros/montis to save my life :(
Trust me you dont want the problem of low No3 and Po4. I have never figured out why my tank is like this, maybe the skimmer I have.

OP
OP
djbetterly

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I discovered something interesting. For the longest time I had a full spectrum LED from BML on my fuge, it recently got wet and fried. Anyway, my chaeto would grow but I never saw a dramatic change in nitrates. Never thought much of it just figured my fuge was too small. Well after it fried I was looking for a new light and found another person on here who recommended the Mars Hydro. I've had it running for a few weeks and my nitrates have completely diminished. I find it interesting that one light made the chaeto grow while barely consuming nitrates while this new light, Mars Hydro, is making my chaeto grow and consuming nitrates.

Food for thought....

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thats funny you say that, I can't either with my levels like that. I don't understand it. I put a monti frag in my tank weeks ago around 9pm one day, by 6pm it was completely dead. I can keep soft and lps. No sps. Something isn't adding up.

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mars LED's are awesome plant growers :) I love the fact that I can replace chips readily and cheap

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats funny you say that, I can't either with my levels like that. I don't understand it. I put a monti frag in my tank weeks ago around 9pm one day, by 6pm it was completely dead. I can keep soft and lps. No sps. Something isn't adding up.
Same here, I can grow out anything but SPS

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally understand! I run alk around 9-9.3 and nitrates at 10-15. I had a monti that died within 2 days. completely bleached and stuck up my house :(
I also had a green bali slimer do the same thing-that was my first $50 "expensive" frag haha

Tegridy Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
All lights on no adjust
1481228791978.jpg
i put others zoa n pic to for comparison
Just blued thru orange film along time ago
1481228847872.jpg
also seems they darkened with maturity

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion if they're alive and growing they're doing great. Hallucinations get more red in lower light but I would leave them right where they are.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back