Hanna Alk reagent issues

DaveRaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both are newly opened. Being I've read if this issue here and elsewhere I emailed Hanna support and they are sending me two replacement bottles. I plan to check these against the news ones in my testing routine. I try to test every other day.

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hanna is sending me a reagent too. I've just lost trust in my tester so now I'll have to run two tests (one with Sailifert) for a while until I trust it again.

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I had reported this in this thread but I came across another bad bottle. I quit using it and will be sending it back to Hanna. The bottle I'm currently using has been dead on but I'm still not at the halfway point. Been testing with Salifert as a backup as well so far so good, but I'm not deep enough into the bottle to where the issue usually starts. Lot was 5444 if I remember right. It wasn't off by much , but it did start to trend towards lower readings midway through the bottle. Was off 10-12ppm. I still have the bottle, maybe I'll use it to see if sitting for a few weeks in my cupboard affected it any.

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I had reported this in this thread but I came across another bad bottle. I quit using it and will be sending it back to Hanna. The bottle I'm currently using has been dead on but I'm still not at the halfway point. Been testing with Salifert as a backup as well so far so good, but I'm not deep enough into the bottle to where the issue usually starts. Lot was 5444 if I remember right. It wasn't off by much , but it did start to trend towards lower readings midway through the bottle. Was off 10-12ppm. I still have the bottle, maybe I'll use it to see if sitting for a few weeks in my cupboard affected it any.

I don't mind that I got a bad bottle of reagent once. The real bummer in this is that I no longer trust my checker. I used to put 100% faith in it. Now I have to test my tester with another test. What a pain.

The person I emailed back and forth with at Hannah didn't particularly know if the issue but said they'd look into it.

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had another bottle drift on me again. For the moment I've gone exclusively to Salifert until my tank restabilizes.

OP
OP
tcoyle

tcoyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep after I got new bottles of a different batch number, my kit has been perfect!

JBNY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'be had two bottles that produced low results. Burnt a lot of corals when I raised my alk too high based on false readings. I stopped using my Hanna checker over the summer and switched back to Salifert.

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'be had two bottles that produced low results. Burnt a lot of corals when I raised my alk too high based on false readings. I stopped using my Hanna checker over the summer and switched back to Salifert.
Yeah, I've given up too after yet again another bottle drifting low, and this is with double testing with salifert. Sucks because I love the convenience and ease of use of the checker.....:(

OP
OP
tcoyle

tcoyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You already took good care of me when I first contacted Hanna about the issue. Thank you for posting the link to check our reagents.

Hanna-Teri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your kind words. We are trying to get the word out so if you know of any other ways we can spread the word, please let us know. And of course, if you know of anyone please share!!
Teri

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
1453842586766.jpg
Hannah usa by far has the best costumer service and you will never go overlooked, these LOTS are all bad reagents and i have 9 unopened reagents just to add

Hanna-Teri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I am going to share your comment with others!! :)

Get in contact with our technical department and get them replaced; you can call our technical department directly, 800 426 6287 (just ask for technical department) or email [email protected] and make arrangements.

Hanna-Teri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Get in contact with our technical department and get them replaced; you can call our technical department directly, 800 426 6287 (just ask for technical department) or email [email protected] and make arrangements.

I just used your lot number as this link-https://hannainst.wufoo.com/forms/w1hzjs2j1b4ejyu/
you can go through there as well. It will give you a discount code for future orders as well.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Also addthis comment. Hannahs the only people in my 15 years of getting bad reagents from other company to ever go out of their way to give a refund. I have a question some of these ive ben testing side by side with reagents and differentkits but with some alk reagents i do and i dont get far reading, is their anyway you can explain the reason to why the reagents went bad? And if some didnt get effected? Thank you

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have a few 5672 that appeared to be bad. Filled out the form for new bottles. Appreciate the support.
Bad as in, inconsistent readings or large fluctuation s from other kits? Using them as of now so i dont have to open the others just incase hannah wants them back

BryanS4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad as in, inconsistent readings or large fluctuation s from other kits? Using them as of now so i dont have to open the others just incase hannah wants them back

Bad as in I went to the site and it says that 5672 needs to be replaced. I'll test it tonight vs. R's Pro and see how it looks. It's a new bottle that I just got in, so don't know how the readings are yet.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back