Have a question about the BRS160? Ask it now for a chance to win one of four great prizes!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do you have a question about the BRS160 that you are dying to ask?
Do you want to win cool reef gear that we are running on the BRS160?

If so, you can't miss this giveaway! Enter now and ask a question about the BRS160 for a chance to get your question featured on BRStv's 52 FAQ, and the opportunity of winning one of these four great products that we are running on the BRS160!

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who won and what were the winning questions for this contest?

There weren't any winning questions per say, we just drew randomly. We will however be using the questions submitted continuously throughout the 52 FAQ series.

Here are the winners that were announced by email on 1/11:
Rollermat: Bruce S
Seneye: Michael G
BRS CO2 Scrubber: Michael W
KZ Nano Power Pack: Saro A

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS @Ryanbrs I do have a question about the 52 weeks if reefing series. Specifically your episode on metal halide lighting. When you tested the metal halide t5 hybrid light with the single ended 250 watt bulb, how far off the waters surface did you have the fixture you were testing?
Thank you.

Ryanbrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS @Ryanbrs I do have a question about the 52 weeks if reefing series. Specifically your episode on metal halide lighting. When you tested the metal halide t5 hybrid light with the single ended 250 watt bulb, how far off the waters surface did you have the fixture you were testing?
Thank you.
On a plane at the moment but I am 99% sure we state the mounting height. If not we might have a infinity or spectra investigate episode.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.

In that specific 52 Weeks of Reefing episode we didn't list the mounting heights for each PAR test, but in an early BRStv Investigates episode (below) about MH lights we tested the fixtures at 6" above the top of the tank, which was likely about 8"-10" above the surface of the water. :)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a plane at the moment but I am 99% sure we state the mounting height. If not we might have a infinity or spectra investigate episode.

In that specific 52 Weeks of Reefing episode we didn't list the mounting heights for each PAR test, but in an early BRStv Investigates episode (below) about MH lights we tested the fixtures at 6" above the top of the tank, which was likely about 8"-10" above the surface of the water. :)

Awesome, thank you guys so much :)

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this contest is well over, but I have been wondering something. In your videos, I've never heard you mention dinoflagellate outbreaks. Do the tanks at BRS headquarters just not get dinos? Do you get them and just not mention it? Do you guys have a good way of treating them if you do get them? It seems like you guys set up a lot of tanks for the Investigates and Spotlight series. I would have thought that you would have encountered them at least once by now with how relatively common they seem to be in the online reefing community.

A.G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are on triton but How do you keep the sand clean?

Ryanbrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this contest is well over, but I have been wondering something. In your videos, I've never heard you mention dinoflagellate outbreaks. Do the tanks at BRS headquarters just not get dinos? Do you get them and just not mention it? Do you guys have a good way of treating them if you do get them? It seems like you guys set up a lot of tanks for the Investigates and Spotlight series. I would have thought that you would have encountered them at least once by now with how relatively common they seem to be in the online reefing community.

tanks do get this kind of thing from time to time, blackout method is the most common thing we use.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back