Heldrichi Less Likely to Jump?

gobylove

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
helfrichis i've had don't seem to do well with clownfish. mine was hiding and miserable so i moved her to a smaller tank which she now shares with a pink bar goby, invisible cave goby and circus goby. she is the largest and the true swimmer in the smaller tank. much happier.

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bonded pair. They stay in rear right corner of my tank. Pretty fish but on shy side.
You can make an inexpensive top using fine door screen material inside a frame you make to cover your tank. That's what I have. I rinse screens monthly in shower when fish are asleep. Screen has "give" so the fish don't get hurt if they strike it.
I love having a cover- every day 1 or more excited wrasse/other fish will jump and hit the cover. It's worth the security.

Last edited:

Terry aka Cr@sh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea with having a screen that gives . It's sad watching a fish suffer from slamming into the top after being startled. the first couple days my firefish were shy and stayed to one side of tank. They now mingle with everyone after learning no fish will harm them. I'm amazed how my sexy shrimp don't get eaten living with a busy tank filled with multiple wrasses, fire shrimp, cleaner shrimp ect....both purple and orange firefish tolerate each other and do not chase each other as that's what sometimes leads to them jumping.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
....both purple and orange firefish tolerate each other and do not chase each other as that's what sometimes leads to them jumping.
Not necessarily. Mixed species do better than groups of the same species, but on quite a few occasions I've had one species still bully another species. Purples are the most dominant, followed by reds, followed by helfrichis.

Terry aka Cr@sh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I should rephrase that. purple firefish will chase red ones and are more active. In my community tank they all mingle together with no bickering maybe cause their in pairs? There is a pecking order and each species has their sleeping corners. My tank is very docile with my lyretail Anthias being king.

IMG_0405.JPG

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • None.

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%

Back