Hello all from lower MI

GSXR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I would like to thank Ben (ofblong) for telling me about this site.

Well alittle about us my Name is Ron her name is Michelle and we have two geat sons Austin (13) and Trey (9).

We are still pretty new at saltwater/reef tanks so we are still trying to learn more. So most of are time on saltwater/reef sites is spent learning rather then posting.

We started out with a 46gal bow front fresh water tank. After a trip to the pet store for our dog we realized we could aford to turn out tank into a saltwater tank. Well after we decided to go salt I wanted to get a bigger tank first. We started buying set ups and selling what we didnt need from them. So after lots of wheeling and dealing we set up our first saltwater tank. 125gal reef ready with 300lbs lr and about 100lbs of cc. We had a coralife pro light 3x150watt mh 4x96watt pc for a sump we had a mega flow 4 with a asm3 skimmer and mag9.5 for a return pump. We had two seio 2600 power heads. We bought a few fish and soft coral. Well after about 7 month I decided I wanted to go even bigger. After working with lfs I picked up my reef ready perfecto 220gal. Upgradeed my lighing to 2x250 1x400 mh and two 160watt vhos. Changed the cc to about 3 inch sand bed. Now run a mag 9.5 to each corner for return pumps. Still have tha asm3 skimmer and now have a 75gal tank for my sump. Have also added two Koralia #4 powerheads. For fish we have a blue tang, powder blue tang, purple tang, naso tang ,yellow tang, pair ot true percs, royal gramma,purple cap basselet,strawberry basselet,sixline wrasse,cleaner wrasse, two red firefish, one purple firefish,falco hawkfish, mandarin dragonet, a lawn mower blenny,and a neon dottyback. For coral we have some zoo's,brains,candycan,neon trumpet,orange cap,frog spawn,rbta,gsp, few blastos,tyree toad stool, and so on......

Im sure we will learn lots here so thanks in advance for the knowledge.

OP
OP
G

GSXR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!!

Now, where are the pictures? ;)

Here is a pic from a few days after I upgraded to my 220gal. Ill have to get some updated pics since I have upgraded the lights and have more fish and coral.

220tank.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back