Hello fellow breeders

bobble28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I've been working on breeding designer clownfish for a little while now with alot of trial and error I'm finally starting to get the hang of it! Just thought I'd say hi and share. Here's my fish room! My broodstock is 3 20longs each divided into 3 chambers and a couple 10G on the bottom, then there's a 10g hatch tank, 5g rotifer culture, 33long reef display tank with a 40b sump and 2 20longs with a 20long sump for growout that I plan to add to eventually when the need arises. Looking forward to learning more here! Thanks

DSC_1491.JPG

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been on a break from breeding for a little while. I have a percula and black occilaris that layed eggs on a clay pot base and I couldn't resist hatching them today. Your hatchery set up looks sweet!

OP
OP
bobble28

bobble28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been on a break from breeding for a little while. I have a percula and black occilaris that layed eggs on a clay pot base and I couldn't resist hatching them today. Your hatchery set up looks sweet!
Nice, good luck with them! Have you raised babies from that pair before? Thanks it took some time and thought lol

Feltman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've gotta ask what was it for u that helped u break through meta? It seems to be a big hurdle for a lot of breeders.

OP
OP
bobble28

bobble28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've gotta ask what was it for u that helped u break through meta? It seems to be a big hurdle for a lot of breeders.
For me personally I changed what I was using to tint the larval tank and I quit dripping the tank just straight water changes.(a successful breeder gave me the quit dripping advice and so far it's working out for me.)

Last edited:

Feltman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me personally I changed what I was using to tint the larval tank and I quit dripping the tank just straight water changes.(a successful breeder gave me the quit dripping advice and so far it's working out for me.)
I've heard the dripping method is a problem for other people as well.. seems strange as in theory it should do the same thing. What were u using to tint ur water and what do u use now?

OP
OP
bobble28

bobble28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way it made sense to me is when I stir up everything on the bottom as I'm vacuuming a spike starts to happen and dripping wasn't diluting it fast enough. I was trying to tint with rg complete which some people have luck with but I did not so I switched to omega.

OP
OP
bobble28

bobble28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dripping does work for people also, just gotta find what works for your tank just like with reef tanks each one is different

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back