Hello fellow refers from sunny South Africa

hingisp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on a couple local forums in S. A. and thought I would broaden my horizons so to speak and see what a going down on the other side of the world.

First thing off I notice is some of the products that are being used for certain things, like algae control etc are simply not available this side, unfortunately... But anyway makes for great reading and learning as that what we here for.

On to my tanks.. I been in the hobby about 2 and a bit years only, but boy the bug bit me hard.. I am a huge Red Sea Tank fan as I love the all in one units, and I don't have to confuse the heck out of myself researching which hardware is best to buy etc.. Researching just keeping fish alive is in itself alot of work lol... Anyway I started with the little RSM 130D, which I did as a tester to see if I could actually hack this hobby and get to understand what's what, and parameters etc.. Well I simply outgrew that tank after about a 1yr and half, so I got a RSM 250 as my upgrade. Kept the same 130 going as a frag tank setup for future. Loved the 250 tank but that only lasted about 6 months as the more I was learning the deeper I dug into my pockets for corals and fish etc so I outgrew that tank again. [emoji16] so I found a nice RSM S650 tank and thought go big or go home, I am tired of upgrading and that was the biggest tank red Sea offered so there we have it. Sold the 250 and still have the 130 as my frag / quarantine for fish if need be. I have had my 650 for about 4 months now and just love that tank. By far the best I have owned and this shall be my slice of the ocean for some time to come.

I should start a thread on that.. [emoji1]

Hope all is well in everyone's glass boxes. Take care and have fun!!!
I

OP
OP
hingisp

hingisp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooooops seems like some confusion, sorry guys to disappoint. Here we on the metric system so it's 650litres, I think that's about 165gal I guess. Thanks for the welcomes

Ps: trying to load a picture, I'm using the Tapatalk app, but doesn't seem to want to upload. I also notice when browsing peoples threads on here that the pictures most of the time don't show. [emoji20]

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R That is still a good size tank:D

OP
OP
hingisp

hingisp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys trying to upload again. Sorry about the blueness, camera phones :(.
e1e9b88c00296941582b110def3bb9c7.jpg

Ahruk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha right.... Should've known that xD (stupid backwards American mentality lol) Tank looks amazing. Can't wait to see closeups of the coral. Do you have any fish in there?

OP
OP
hingisp

hingisp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Ahruk, thanks very much bud, yeah got some fish. Not heavily stocked on them but for now I got a bicolour blenny, diamond goby, 2 clowns, yellow wrasse, six Line wrasse, sailfin (desjardini) and a yellow eye kole tang. Here is one of my favourite pieces, inferno bubble tip, still pretty young. [emoji7]
5415547c2c7cb6ffd92e5f4979eea356.jpg

Ahruk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like all the fish were playing hide and seek for the picture lol. Very nice little anemone :D Probably won't take long with a bit of feeding for him to turn into a giant xD

OP
OP
hingisp

hingisp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I guess so, didn't even recognise they all hiding lol, normally there is always one photo-bombing a shot. Yes my other anemones are getting to big, so have slowed down the feeding of those boys.. They grow fast!

soggytees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Ahruk, thanks very much bud, yeah got some fish. Not heavily stocked on them but for now I got a bicolour blenny, diamond goby, 2 clowns, yellow wrasse, six Line wrasse, sailfin (desjardini) and a yellow eye kole tang. Here is one of my favourite pieces, inferno bubble tip, still pretty young. [emoji7]
5415547c2c7cb6ffd92e5f4979eea356.jpg

I REALLY like this guy! Great picture!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back