Hello! I'm new to R2R and aquariums in general.

Calla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I know!

Patience.

Hahah.

Just thought I would introduce myself, as I have been lurking for the past couple of weeks and posting occasionally here and there. My name is Calla and I have a coral addiction. My husband got me into saltwater aquariums (his 55g and 125g are gorgeous, and he's currently trying to cycle his 210g dream tank). My 11 year old son has a 55g freshwater (he's getting bored of it, so we may yet suck him into the dark side).

Here's some basic Calla info:

Tanks: 36g Bowfront DT, 10g QT (cycling).
Livestock: 2 Black PCF, 1 Randall's Goby (+pistol shrimp lover), 1 Pep Shrimp, 8 thousand snails/hermits
Coral: Alveopora (55g), Xenia (55g), Bubble (55g), Birdsnest (55g), Toadstool (55g), Colts (55g), Hammer (55g), Zoas and Palys (55g + 36g), GSP (36g)
Favorite Fish so far: Kobe the Goby
Favorite Coral so far: Alveopora ❤❤❤
Current Wishlist: 2 Money/Gold Ring Cowries

Just a couple of things.

I was thinking of some sort of anemone for my clownies to host, but my tank's not there yet, still needs a couple of months of being established to get to that magical 6 month mark. In the meantime wondering if I should add more livestock to my 36g, and if so, what I should add?

The Randall's was not my first choice, it was a Yasha, but no one had one in any LFS and I wasn't quite to the point where I wanted to buy things other than coral online yet. If I were to order a Yasha, would it and the Randall's get into it? I've read around and the general answer seems to be yes.

Sorry for the questions! And if they need to be posted elsewhere please just show me the way. :)

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard, Calla!

I can't speak specifically to Randall's and yashas, but I've got a non-bonded pair of yellow watchmen and a blackray/hi-fin red-band goby in my 65 gallon. They've each got their little retreats, and though they sometimes bluff or chase, there's been no damage done to date.

~Bruce

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Keep us posted with your tanks and post pics!!

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg

Layllah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On your livestock q for the hosting bit- my clowns pop around from a pineapple and cauliflower tree coral, but recently my female in snuggling in our front corner euphyllia garden! I have a variety of colored and textured frogspawn as well as a hammerspawn, and it looks like this might be where she settles!

I see you have a hammer, I'd DEF get some frogspawns! A bouquet of colors with their movement is killer in the front of the display!
Welcome to R2R! xx

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back