Hello, new here.

CarCrazy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I'm new to the saltwater hobby. I have freshwater planted tanks and wanted a new challenge. I started with an 20 gallon tank 20 pounds of live rock, 20 pounds of live sand HOB filter a heater and 2 Picasso clownfish. They look great in their tank but it left me wanting more. So I pulled the trigger on a Red Sea Reefer 350. Got 80 pounds of live rock, don't know if I want a bare bottom tank or sand. Tank is still being setup. I'm considering a Apex Neptune controller but not sure. LFS guy is not sold on them thinking they are just a fad. But I have been watching them closely and like some features. One thing I have been looking for is maybe a water test sheet so I can keep logs on my tank.
Ok I think that's enough from me. Thank You for reading.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and your new reefing communities.

Not sure I would call an aquarium controller a fad as they've been around for years and continue to advance. I wouldn't call them a necessity but they do have their positives.

As to logging your testing, it's a great idea. I've tried a few "programs" but always ended back with an Excel spreadsheet.

Good luck with the new tank.

OP
OP
CarCrazy

CarCrazy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and your new reefing
communities.

Not sure I would call an aquarium controller a fad as they've been around for years and continue to advance. I wouldn't call them a necessity but they do have their positives.

As to logging your testing, it's a great idea. I've tried a few "programs" but always ended back with an Excel spreadsheet.

Good luck with the new tank.
Thank you

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back