Hello!

Anchor10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a reef fanatic with a weakness for fish... AFter spending 3 decades watching freshwater fish, it's taken me a while to get used to the fact that corals and shrimp are as cool as fish -- so I try to do both and chase nitrates all the time!

I might as well throw this out there as well -- After a few years of the salt addiction --I bought the company! Well at least the local fish store. My partner and I and my family run it as a mom and pop type operation but with a high level of service to the local community. (I have a "real" job as well. ) This may seem odd -- but I'm a hobbyist first and a store owner second! But I gotta tell ya, when a shipment of fish or inverts comes in -- it's a pretty big rush seeing all those bags!

Anyway -- my tank at home is a 72 bow, mostly with lps. Fish inlcude a red coris wrasse, blue jaw trigger, pair of clowns, a flame fin tang, a flame angel, cleaner goby, sailfin tang and an orange spot rabbit fish. We also have a 29, a 20 high and a 28 bow set up in the house -- but the 72 gets most of the love.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good to see you hear john! i think i saw sam on here too. both of you guys are more than welcome here.

in fact, we had a south west virginia club forum going on R2R for several months in which several locals contributed. but the forum was taken down due to inactivity. but you and sam are more than welcome to post whatever you want in that club forum if you'd like us to put it back up (no restrictions on what you can talk about like RC).

in fact, if you want you can post a flyer in the store with the web address to the club forum here to possibly draw local club members since there was obvious displeasure about what can and cannot be talked about over on the RC club forum.

btw....the news here in Charlottesville blows compared to the fine work ya'll do.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well..... you finally made it. These guys are a bit more chill than that "other" forum.

Although I would recomend you sponsor here (or somewhere) so that you can speak freely about the store and the goings on. I think that these forums are a bit more powerful than some think and could be a great asset to your business. We like to know what is giong on and what all is in stock without having to drive to _ville only to find that the shipment comes in tomorrow or next week..... you get what I mean.

Glad you made it here!!

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We like to know what is giong on and what all is in stock without having to drive to _ville only to find that the shipment comes in tomorrow or next week..... you get what I mean.

lol

its a good location for me. but yeah, i'd rather see it on brambleton ave or somewhere else in roanoke where it gets allot of exposure. IMO the location where Somethings Fishy was at was pretty good (but the building sucked).

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If your going to sell online then we would love to have you as a sponsor. But if you are just going to be a local store and not selling online then feel free to talk about your store without being a sponsor. :D

Again welcome! ;)

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See John...... these guys are super cool!!!

Yeah. They have recently redone that building and I think there is someone in it. The origional El Rodeo moved out from next door but now there is a good Italian place there. Being right in the middle of 2 resturants was a sweet location for those wanting to walk off a bit too much food....or stumbled in there from too many Margaritas and spend wayyyyyyy too much money..... but..... it is what it is. Its not that far from town but doing a covert purchase from time to time under the radar of the wife is tough when you have to drive an hour just to get to the store.

W3RD!!!!!!!!! lol

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i posted something in an RC club thread about everyone being welcome to come over to the club forum on R2R, but someone in the blacksburg crowd basically said they were not interested, and would rather create their own forum on the world wide web.

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. It's been a great benefit to my business.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 57 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back