Help! Adding 3rd T5 (color choice)

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm adding a 3rd T5 and I need to chose which bulb color will benefit me the most. I'm currently running a Marine Orbit (just White and BLUE LED) and TWO t5 lights (one Super Blue and One Coral Wave, both T5's are below.
Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 10.39.01 AM.png

Knowing I also have the WHITE and BLUE LED from Marine orbit, what color T5 should I now add? I'm thinking about the ULTRA GROWTH WAVE? See below for my options.
Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 10.38.46 AM.png

Or, if you suggest another brand/color please do tell.

I'm looking for more color during the day (specifically looking to brighten the yellows and red's.

Thank you

fraggin corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Geisemann Fiji bulb would be my choice to help with a broader spectrum but I am not sure if it is still available. You could also use the coral plus much the same way to help with reds and yellows (though yellows have been a pain for me to maintain).

OP
OP
Leadfooted

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update and installed. Thanks again everyone for the tips / links and videos in this forum. The 2 new T5 lights are exactly what I needed. Pictured below with the new Coral Plus and Aqua Blue Special by ATI. Hoping this will keep many of my corals from stretching for more light. Some of my Zoas look like stream beans :confused:

FullSizeRender-8.jpg

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How high over the tank are the T5's?
And boy you corals are about to color up!!

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only about 4 inches due to canopy. Good/bad?
very good imo.
But do be prepared to see a loss of purple coralline IMO, IME, it doesn't like higher pars. Mine completely blasted and freaked me out. Acros and sps doubled in size...

OP
OP
Leadfooted

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
very good imo.
But do be prepared to see a loss of purple coralline IMO, IME, it doesn't like higher pars. Mine completely blasted and freaked me out. Acros and sps doubled in size...

I read some of these discussions and thanks
For the heads up and preventing panic. Hope I don't lose too much, the purples are so bright now. Give and take I guess

Back