cwb_reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my Jebao rw-4 has stopped working. I came home from class tonight and saw that my pump was not working. I have spent probably over an hour working on it trying to fix it and nothing is helping. does anyone have any suggestions on a new pump for a 55 gallon. I already have a hydor koralia evolution 1500 in there now and im trying to have enough flow for a sps tank.

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try and remove the inside rubber piece that has an attached ring? Kind of a white ring? Keep the rubber piece inside the pump but remove the white ring. See if it pumps after that.

You might need a flash light or something and try with the ceramic needle, to pull the white ring out.

OP
OP
cwb_reeftank

cwb_reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried that, I've tried using small pieces of airline tubing, I've watched different youtube videos nothing I do works I've even taken that back off of the controller and made sure there was no water.

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer. Sorry to hear that.

Hydor smartwave will connect to koralia pumps or the tunze nanostream 6095 is a good option. Then you have the ecotech vortech mp10.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
my Jebao rw-4 has stopped working. I came home from class tonight and saw that my pump was not working. I have spent probably over an hour working on it trying to fix it and nothing is helping. does anyone have any suggestions on a new pump for a 55 gallon. I already have a hydor koralia evolution 1500 in there now and im trying to have enough flow for a sps tank.
You should be ok for a couple days, if your not willing to spend big bucks, i would just grab another jebao. Get the rw/pp-8. I went through about 10 of the rw-4s. Theres just somthing about them, that they crap out so easy compared to all the jebao powerheads

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to get a great pump so I don't have to keep replacing them but it sucks when you don't have a lot of money because 99% of it goes to school :(
Good ones break too.

How long have you had the rw4? Might be under warranty?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • None.

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.7%
Back