OP
M

mlaneusmc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so everyone is sure. Lights out, 3 days, including light from the room. Then it will be back to normal?

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so after 3 days of black out its will be back to normal?
Well, if it's dinos, then you will have knocked them back significantly. If it's diatoms, time and flow along with good water quality will eventually turn it around.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think ur going to get urself into more trouble by trying to fix this now. I understand this is an eye sore on u but less is more in this hobby. I vote u slow down take a step back and realize it's not going to go away in an hour or a day. And by trying to make it do so is only going to cause u more problems down the road. That's my two cents but it is ur tank so do as u want.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this new sand or 10 year old sand that came with the tank?

OP
OP
M

mlaneusmc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sand came with the tank. I kept it. On the left side of tank where it turned really brown there was "mud" that settled from the move and i was just about to clean it out... I know this was caused from bad water. I didnt have a tds meter at the time and ran 5-10 gallons for top off bc my sump was leaking and i just replaced it. I have well water where i live with high iron.

OP
OP
M

mlaneusmc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept it bc he lived at the beach and had been putting shark teeth and some cool shells as he came across them at the beach, for 10 years. The 160lbs of figi live rock is 15 years old. Came out of his tank before this one.

OP
OP
M

mlaneusmc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I transported the water and rock in 3- 55 gallon totes with heaters. Should not have had any die off at all... Everything looked great and was doing good for a week until i put that bad RO water in the sump for top off....

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept it bc he lived at the beach and had been putting shark teeth and some cool shells as he came across them at the beach, for 10 years. The 160lbs of figi live rock is 15 years old. Came out of his tank before this one.
Did he get the sand from the beach as well? If so, most beach sand is silicate, not aragonite, and most likely the source of your silicate problem.

OP
OP
M

mlaneusmc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk, ill ask him tomm. but i dont understand how that is a problem if he did get if from the beach 10 years ago. I dont understand.

Back