Help - Placement of corals and lights

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the playfulness of the GSP on the tiki!
emoji7.png
Right!!!
My wife already said no.:oops:

OP
OP
rvamarcel

rvamarcel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im def not a ricordia expert, but yes it may be getting too much light based on the nutrients available. Shrooms IME also are weird about flow. I can say that a shroom nect to an acro may not be the best placement.
for gig filter feeders like pipes Id loof for a good firm and hopefully turbulent flo to allow feeding

Mooooved... let's see how it behaves! Thanks for the help, I'll keep you posted!

Reef_Collector28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have a AI hydra 52 on my biocube 29. A bit of overkill but I had it from my last tank so I said what the heck. Had to get the AI rails that sit ontop of the tank. Not getting good coverage because like you I have them about 4-5 inches from water and I'm seeing a lot of shadowing on the sides like is see in your tank. I don't run my colors past 60% feel like if I increase the par I'm going to burn something and bleach it out. As far as the torch, they're should be enough light. Maybe check parameters or is it new? I have my 4 torches mid tank to the side with plenty of indirect flow and they're super happy. The galaxea maybe move it a bit higher somewhere on the rock work or more towards the middle on the sand where the light is over it. If the cardinal is new it's totally normal behavior for fish to hide until they feel comfortable. I have one and it's super active, actually runs the tank. If you've had him already then see how's he's breathing and is he still eating ?

OP
OP
rvamarcel

rvamarcel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have a AI hydra 52 on my biocube 29. A bit of overkill but I had it from my last tank so I said what the heck. Had to get the AI rails that sit ontop of the tank. Not getting good coverage because like you I have them about 4-5 inches from water and I'm seeing a lot of shadowing on the sides like is see in your tank. I don't run my colors past 60% feel like if I increase the par I'm going to burn something and bleach it out. As far as the torch, they're should be enough light. Maybe check parameters or is it new? I have my 4 torches mid tank to the side with plenty of indirect flow and they're super happy. The galaxea maybe move it a bit higher somewhere on the rock work or more towards the middle on the sand where the light is over it. If the cardinal is new it's totally normal behavior for fish to hide until they feel comfortable. I have one and it's super active, actually runs the tank. If you've had him already then see how's he's breathing and is he still eating ?

I'm so sorry for the delay on the reply! I missed this post!

You were absolutely right, the cardinal was just shy because it was new. It's now happy and all over the place :)

I'm trying a new placement for the torch, a bit more light and less flow. I'm going to give it time to adjust and cross my fingers. I'll keep you posted.

Question about your hydra: what's your color mix and schedule?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 60 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back