Help!! Sick Clown!!!

Elan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed a little of this on my true perc a while ago but it has gotten worse in the last week. I am really worried and dont want to lose her because she was my first fish. I thought maybe it was ick so tomorrow will be day 3 of dosing kick ick. What do you think it is and what should i do??

clown008.jpg

clown009.jpg

clown010.jpg

xmjxflipx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
dang its sick.........quarantine if you can..........Some people will say hyposalinity. I have used quick cure with success so hopefully you can choose a method that you are comfortable with.

OP
OP
Elan

Elan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am afraid to qt because of the stress she will go through. How long will the treatment take?

cntryboi407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like ick. A quick way would be just do a quick freshwater dip. Doing this will reduce the stress of moving to a quarantine tank and take alot of the ick off. The only thing is it appears to be around the mouth and gills so it may be to advanced for the freshwater to help it but its worth a shot.

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I never seen anything reefsafe work for ick. One thing that does help is mince some fresh garlic and put it in the food. The bottle garlic dont work. I was told it losses everything but its smell when they bottle it.

cntryboi407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I never seen anything reefsafe work for ick. One thing that does help is mince some fresh garlic and put it in the food. The bottle garlic dont work. I was told it losses everything but its smell when they bottle it.

Ive never heard of that. I dose garlic regularly and never took a thought into this information you brought up.

noobreef408

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things you can do

1.Dip in freshwater
2. *reccomend Feed fish food soaked in garlic+zoecon
3. let it heal naturally

colbrunn123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just do a water change in your main tank.Say 10 gals and get a 10 gal tank.BAM you now have a QT with thesame water and everything.Nothing changed.Your fish will still be stressed out if you do a freshwater dip anyways.My self i would do a QT.Now you can use meds. for your fish.I have never been a big fan about freshwater dips.Don't use a net to get him out of the tank.Use a small container.Kent makes a garlic additive for your food.It works great.Thats my 2 cents

colbrunn123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One other thing how many fish do you have in your main tank.You may want to look at them real well.They ---may--- have ICH also.If you do a QT keep a close eye on the other fish for any sickenss.BAM 2 more cents for ya

OP
OP
Elan

Elan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the fish responded really well to the FW dip, but still has a good amount of ick to go. Once i get meds im going to set up a QT for her and her partner who is showing trace amounts. The other fish are doing well with no signs of ick.

cntryboi407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that's good to hear. If you are going to qt them I would do a decent water change in your main tank and if you notice others being affected, fw dip them because that should take care of it immediately since you would of caught it early. best of luck

OP
OP
Elan

Elan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i noticed one of my very small gobies has some but it will be impossible to catch! Ill just put garlic in the diet and see how that goes for the gobies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back