OP
I

Isomorphic85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having a hard time finding kanaplex anywhere near me.... I only have a petco and petsmart readily available unfortunately. Am i better off ordering kanaplex online and waiting until wed when I would be able to receive it to start treating?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having a hard time finding kanaplex anywhere near me.... I only have a petco and petsmart readily available unfortunately. Am i better off ordering kanaplex online and waiting until wed when I would be able to receive it to start treating?

Can you get Furan-2? Petco/smart sometimes carries that.

OP
OP
I

Isomorphic85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just received kanaplex.... do I keep protein skimmer running with this or turn it off?

OP
OP
I

Isomorphic85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you...is it OK to leave skimmer on for aeration but remove collection Cup?

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its reef safe but use it with seachem focus and it will bind to food for you.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kanaplex, reef rally, and prazipro can all be dosed into a reef tank. Use food soaked in kana and focus, prazi can kill dusters, I dont think there are any cautions with rally. I love rally as an initial go to for anything looking like scrape or early infection. It also worked really well in my cichlid tank.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also use vitachem in my DT weekly. 1 drop per gallon. Rods food is also a great immune boosting food source imo.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great... dosing tank with kanaplex now

Don't dose the tank with it... You can only use it in the tank when soaked into the food and bound to the food using Focus.

OP
OP
I

Isomorphic85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just seeing this now... I already did 2 rounds of dosing the tank with it. It says on it that it can be done this way 1 scoop full of the included scooper per 5 gallons... is that not correct?

I have not seen any improvement in the fish with the symptoms though.

thoughts on what I should do at this point?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just seeing this now... I already did 2 rounds of dosing the tank with it. It says on it that it can be done this way 1 scoop full of the included scooper per 5 gallons... is that not correct?

You need to use antibiotics for 10 consecutive days to get the job done.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had assumed you were dosing the display with it, which isn't a good idea. If I was wrong, then completely ignore my earlier comment :) I agree with Humble though, you need a minimum of 10 days straight with the antibiotic.

OP
OP
I

Isomorphic85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is wrong with dosing the tank with it? it says 1 scoop per 5 gallons... and it says not to exceed 2 doses and there's only 2 days between doses.

I did not see any improvement in fish though. what should I do at this point

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is wrong with dosing the tank with it? it says 1 scoop per 5 gallons... and it says not to exceed 2 doses and there's only 2 days between doses.

I did not see any improvement in fish though. what should I do at this point

It's not a reef safe medication. So you wouldn't dose the display with it, only a QT. The follow the instructions on the bottle, but keep doing it for 10 consecutive days. If you stop it too early, and the bacteria hasn't been killed, then it can develop a resistance to it. Just like when the doctor gives you antibiotics and tells you to finish the bottle even if you are feeling better before then. Same thing here.

You aren't seeing improvement because it hasn't been long enough. Antibiotics are notoriously slow acting in fish so it takes time.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back