Help with AI Hydra (The Original One.)

rick4him

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 24-25 gallon tank and an AI Hydra (the original
One) that is hanging about 8 1/2 inches from the surface of the water. It's about 15 1/2 inches from the surface of the water to the sand bed. (So about 24 inches from the light to the sand bed.). I'm just curious if you could help me with settings for my light.

Any thoughts on what the best settings for my lights would be?

Thanks!

midtnmike41

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 2 hydra 26's non HD over a 90 gallon. I also supplement with T5's and see great growth and color. I set all blue, violet, and UV at 100% and white, red , green at 20%. 1 hour ramp up, 8 full, and 1 hour ramp down. That would obviously be too much for a 25 gallon but I would shoot for that ratio and adjust a little to what looks good to you.

OP
OP
R

rick4him

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 2 hydra 26's non HD over a 90 gallon. I also supplement with T5's and see great growth and color. I set all blue, violet, and UV at 100% and white, red , green at 20%. 1 hour ramp up, 8 full, and 1 hour ramp down. That would obviously be too much for a 25 gallon but I would shoot for that ratio and adjust a little to what looks good to you.

Thanks, but I have a different light (Hydra) and a smaller tank. Any thoughts on how to tweak that for my set up?

Right now I believe I go from 11am to 11pm with a one hour ramp up / ramp time. I have UV, V, DB, RY on 75 or so. Then G on 18, DR at 11, CW at 40%

Thoughts?

midtnmike41

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, sorry. Not real familiar with light. Sounds like more white than i run but that's personal preference, and I'm not sure how strong that light is. Sounds like your close though. Id probably just drop the white some. From my experience as long as water is good and flow is right coral will adapt to different light. Might not grow or have the color you want but you have plenty of time to assess that once they settle in.

Back