Hermit crab vs green star polyp question

Jayson Ledbetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a green star polyp over the weekend. The morning after I got it, woke up got ready for and noticed a small hermit crab laying on it, which must have been a hitchhiker that came with it, so I removed it and layed it on my sand band, well this morning same thing he was back on the gsp, willthis hurt gsp, or is it just using it for a sleeping spot?

OP
OP
Jayson Ledbetter

Jayson Ledbetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what I figured but I wasn't for sure, I moved him just in case. I'll just leave him be next time, he is very very small. I'm sure it isn't hurting the star polyps, they came out about 75% the next day after putting them in my tank

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a large crowd on here that probably wishes their hermits would eat their green star polyps. (I'm not one of them, yet).

Hermits tend to perch all over the place. I've got a green branching montipora frag that almost everynight there is a hermit perched on top of! (Must be a good spot).

My Scolymia eats my hermits, they fall into it from the rock above, a day later the scolymia spits out the shell and then a day or so after that it spits out an empty carapace. :)

OP
OP
Jayson Ledbetter

Jayson Ledbetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually haven't seen him since this morning , he is fairly small, I have the rest of my ccu coming this weekend, just making sure they wouldn't hurt my gsp, also noticed my peppermint shrimp shedded for the first time today

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 4 hermits that crawl all over my GSP and zoas and they don't seem to be bothered. my issue is more trying to get them from killing each other.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back