OP
OP
Slim_Okrug

Slim_Okrug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is few new ones and current status of tank.

Sal. 1.025
PH 8.1
KH 8
MG 1350
Ca 450
PO4 0.2
NO3 2
Temp. 26 C

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great!

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats very beautiful. I didnt think Croatia had a market for this? I lived in Croatia for 15 years never heard or seen someone having a reef tank. A freshwater tank was something WOW!! You say your renting for 4 months so you must be from Dalmacija?! Where do you get coral and euipment from? Im very impressed by your tank.
Branimir from Zadar! Tank ti je odlican!!!

OP
OP
Slim_Okrug

Slim_Okrug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats very beautiful. I didnt think Croatia had a market for this? I lived in Croatia for 15 years never heard or seen someone having a reef tank. A freshwater tank was something WOW!! You say your renting for 4 months so you must be from Dalmacija?! Where do you get coral and euipment from? Im very impressed by your tank.
Branimir from Zadar! Tank ti je odlican!!!

Firstly thanks for replays from all of you. Croatia have some reefers in community but i must say as i know maybe 50 reefers max in whole country. As for freshwater they are much more for 3 simple reason. 1. Price ( you can not belive how much we pay for equipement and life inside tank ), 2. Simplicity of freshwater and 3. Hardness of getting corals and fish here in Croatia. As you noticed there isnt any LFS where you can come in see fish and then buy. Mostly we buy unseen and we are playing roulette that way. Yea you are right i live in region of Dalmacija and i rent this flat in season from june to october. I live in Okrug Gornji which is some kind of block of UNESCO town Trogir and we are all in some kind part of Split which is 2nd biggest city in Croatia. How we get fish well that is interesting. We collect what people in whole country want to buy and after we get around 3000-4000 EURO order then few of us go to Italy and buy fish and corals :D. So basiclly we make County wise buys :D. Pretty silly but that is only way. One example price you can buy hippo tang for about 50 dollars we have pay about 70 euros which is about 90 dollars just one example. Apex can be ordered and price is 850 euro. So you got a point :D. Branimire hvala na pohvalama i sta ti radis u Queensu ? Radis tamo ili ?

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've following from the beginning, your tank just gets better everytime I see it.:) Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thats dedication!! So basically you guys get together and do a group buy! Thats great so wh0 is the lucky one to go pick up the fish/ coral in italy? Pick out of a hat? You take the ferry(trajekt)?
It sucks euipment is so expensive like that over there. Everything is 220v or you guys have transfomers?
I know split well been there many times. I have been to trogir a few times too. How do you get salt? You buy that or do you use fresh sea water since your in Trogir?
Im sending some stuff in a container to ZD if you guys need anything let me know i can put in a box for you guys. Ill be therr in first week of August too.
Zivim i radim tu u NY. Roden sam ode u NY ali zivija doma studira na americki faks u Dubrovnik. Sad sam u ny vec 5 godina. Zena dica i fish tank. Taj dir.
Let me know what my fellow Croats need from the states and i will hook you guys up.
Pm for anything.

OP
OP
Slim_Okrug

Slim_Okrug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've following from the beginning, your tank just gets better everytime I see it.:) Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Thank you Chris i am very pleased when you people ( mostly USA ) like it cos you are so much more in reef waters then we are and we are still young in that point of view.

Beautiful!

Thank you very much.

OP
OP
Slim_Okrug

Slim_Okrug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thats dedication!! So basically you guys get together and do a group buy! Thats great so wh0 is the lucky one to go pick up the fish/ coral in italy? Pick out of a hat? You take the ferry(trajekt)?
It sucks euipment is so expensive like that over there. Everything is 220v or you guys have transfomers?
I know split well been there many times. I have been to trogir a few times too. How do you get salt? You buy that or do you use fresh sea water since your in Trogir?
Im sending some stuff in a container to ZD if you guys need anything let me know i can put in a box for you guys. Ill be therr in first week of August too.
Zivim i radim tu u NY. Roden sam ode u NY ali zivija doma studira na americki faks u Dubrovnik. Sad sam u ny vec 5 godina. Zena dica i fish tank. Taj dir.
Let me know what my fellow Croats need from the states and i will hook you guys up.
Pm for anything.

Yea we do group buys that is only way. Who goes well mostly 2 guys whole time cos they sell us fish trough they store. We are all friends and they bring us fish we ordered simple as that :D. They go by car to Italy ( around 1000 km ) to Milano in one direction. All equipment is 220 V you are correct. As for changing sea water i use mediteraneean sea in front of my house. Sal. is around 1.028 to 1.030 and i stir it with RO water to get perfect 1.025. Other parameters are corrected by dosing pumps. NY god i love that town never been bust one day :D.

Branimire hvala ti na velikodusnosti zbilja od srca ako ikad budem zelio nesto mozda te i kontaktiram ali izbjegavam gnjavit ljude i drzim se KISS sistema :D. Po meni se puno novaca trosi na gadgete a sve se moze relativno i jeftinije izvest. Hvala od srca jos jednom.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice!

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh geese. Lol. Google sucks at putting a sentence together. I know it's sad but obviously I don't speak it. I'm first generation in he United States and my dad is from Donja Vrućica. All my cousins on his side the family speak. Me and my brothers never learned as kids. @Branespikin @Slim_Okrug

OP
OP
Slim_Okrug

Slim_Okrug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh geese. Lol. Google sucks at putting a sentence together. I know it's sad but obviously I don't speak it. I'm first generation in he United States and my dad is from Donja Vrućica. All my cousins on his side the family speak. Me and my brothers never learned as kids.

Oh nice it is little place on Pelješac near Dubrovnik. I thought this is USA forum hehehe. Just kidding well it isnt shame you didnt learned your ancestors language. If you want someone to blame it is your father hehehe. Nice to see some of you have some kind of connection with me via hobby or blood :D.

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still tell him that to this day. The other thing that hurt us is that my mom is from here, so they didn't speak Croatian in the house. He still goes every year for 2-3 months. I'll be going in a couple years.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back