Hi from Croatia

JPSika08

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! Congratulations.

My Grandfather as well was from Croatia, Slano, we still have family there and visit from time to time.
My last name was modified a little due to the difficulty of pronouncing it in Spanish, lol, I personally haven't travel there yet, hope it's soon :)

treedog5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, those are some big clowns. Looks like they have teeth in one of your photos.. Nice tank, keep up the good work.

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh geese. Lol. Google sucks at putting a sentence together. I know it's sad but obviously I don't speak it. I'm first generation in he United States and my dad is from Donja Vrućica. All my cousins on his side the family speak. Me and my brothers never learned as kids. @Branespikin @Slim_Okrug
Beautiful place. I have been there. Its by Peljesac. I have family in Peljesac. Lived in that region for 5 years. You should check it out!! Go for vacation.

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! Congratulations.

My Grandfather as well was from Croatia, Slano, we still have family there and visit from time to time.
My last name was modified a little due to the difficulty of pronouncing it in Spanish, lol, I personally haven't travel there yet, hope it's soon :)
Slano is beautiful been there too. Located in a bay. You must visit.

OP
OP
Slim_Okrug

Slim_Okrug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, those are some big clowns. Looks like they have teeth in one of your photos.. Nice tank, keep up the good work.

Yea those clarkii are big ones specially female. It is big as my tang :D. Also you noticed right it have teeth and when i feed her it bites me. Also from time to time it nips little part of bispinosus tail. She is queen of tank and she do not tolerate anyone who harass her.

treedog5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can imagine she is queen, I never knew clowns had teeth though. Cool stuff, thanks for sharing!!

OP
OP
Slim_Okrug

Slim_Okrug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just one minute of my mixed reef under ATI blue plus t5 bulbs. Love how calm effect these lights make.

Using Ati blue plus x4 , coral plus x2 and aquablue special x2

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you'll love it here!

Gorgeous fish and coral wow!

OP
OP
Slim_Okrug

Slim_Okrug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys glad you like it. One question i have. I have little doubts about light. I am using atm 4x blue plus 2 x coral plus and 2x aquablue specials. Now aquablue is more white then blue as name says it. Soon i am changing bulbs and i was thinking about 4 x blue plus 2x coral plus and 2x true actinic. I love bluish effect in tank but i am affraid is it going to be to much blue cos i read that actinic is darker blue? Anyone have this kind of combo on their sets of ATI bulbs to give me direction ?

Also planing to introduce gramma loreto but i have little bully in my tank called six line wrasse. Is there gonna be a problem adding basslet ? Also thinking about 10 yellow tail damsels ? Introduce together with loreto to cut aggression of six lin ? What do you think?

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through your thread slim. Beautiful tank and inhabitants!

OP
OP
Slim_Okrug

Slim_Okrug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One guy that have some kind of semi pro photo camera ( some Nikon ) came to my house to make new pics of apartment that i rent. So he was doing his job and saw tank. Asked me can i take few and i said ofc you can noone take any pics of it with some pro lenses. He send me back some pics and i must say i like them. In favor of new pixar movie my Dory is main char in this set of pics. Hope you like them.

13.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

OP
OP
Slim_Okrug

Slim_Okrug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my reef ATM

Definitly thinking to more blue lights. So blue+, true actinic, coral + , blue+ in that order. Anyone use ATI actinic bulbs ? I am prefering more blue display. Atm i use blue+, aquablue spec, coral+ , blue+.

OP
OP
Slim_Okrug

Slim_Okrug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long hot summer went by and temp in my tank was on edge. It was constant 29-29.4 celsius for about 2 months. Everything went well must say and i am very lucky and pleassed with that but i decided to buy chiller for next summer and conclusion is TECO TK500. I think it will be decent for my tank till then here are 2 videos of tank atm. Hope you like it.

and

OP
OP
Slim_Okrug

Slim_Okrug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Olaaa it is day when my tank was born 2 years ago and this way i want him happy b day. Switched to AF balling from Fauna Marin balling light almost 3 weeks ago. I will not say to much at this moment to overjudge it all i can say so far i am very very impressed. Tank looks so much better, sea inside it so much clear and colors of corals are changing to much better ( that kind of pastel effect ). But as i said i will not judge it so fast i will see how things work in month or two. Just one more thing when i switched to AF never haved stabled params of my tank so far with balling light allways some fluctations on KH. After i switched i am dosing 65 ml of each component ( 1+, 2+ and 3+ ) and all params are fixed. I messure it with Salifert tests every 3 days and it is stable from day one. But we will see ( you see i am impressed heehe ) time will show.

Anyway just remember i am not payed to tell AF is best or things like that i am just saying as consumer of product. Here is 2 small videos of tank that i took 3 days ago. Also switched from blue + , aq special, coral +, blue + to blue+,blue+, coral+, blue +. In nature it isnt that kind of blue like on video it is much lighter and i love it.

Hope you like it people. Watch it in HD.

Part 1

Part 2

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • None.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.5%

Back