Hitchhiker pistol shrimp

Delta1389

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed this pistol shrimp before I dipped my corals. I already have a blue legged pistol shrimp in my tank, I'm thinking this one may be a blue legged as well. Do y'all think he is safe to add or will my much bigger pistol have him for lunch?

image.jpeg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much smaller is he than your current pistol? Can you separate him with placement? Do you have a fish with the pistol? I only worry because my pistol actually killed a fish I tried pairing it with. It lost its partner, so I tried another and it actually managed to snap at it and damage its eye and the fish did not survive. Crazy, but I watched it happen. What size tank? you cannot leave him in a dish too long. :) Also, make sure to acclimate slowly.

OP
OP
Delta1389

Delta1389

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is a 29. The current pistol is probably double his size and has the bottom completely burrowed out. He may just have to go in the tank and hope for the best. Either he makes it or the pistol gets a free meal.

OP
OP
Delta1389

Delta1389

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't got a sump or anywhere else to keep it, then putting it in the DT with the other one will at least give it a 50/50 chance of a happily ever after versus nowhere else to go but the 'great flush'.

My thoughts exactly

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back