Hoarders: Reefing Edition

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all... Has everyone recovered from the holidays??? (wipes leftover egg nog off chin) With the new year upon us, lots of us have made some resolutions or set goals for 2017. Besides dedicating myself to get deeper in the hobby, I'm also getting married and have some fitness goals. Another goal of mine is to sell off some old equipment I have been hanging on to. There are 8 aquariums in my house and garage as well as a plethora of equipment, some still useful and probably most of it is junk (to me). About 25% of the garage is full, an entire "office", and a small piece of our living room. 8 shelves of test kits, frag plugs, old heaters......... you see where I'm going with this. I also am willing to bet I am not alone.

Are you a reefing hoarder??? I am, and I'm ready to change (but only a little). Post up some pics of your stash/es! I'll post my mess when I get home from work. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, I feel like I have been called out. I have a 180, 2 90's, a 110, 2 75s, 2 20s, a 30, 3 picos, 2 small all in ones, like 5 T-5 fixtures, 6 metal halides, dozens of pump impellers, UV bulbs and sleeves, shelves filled with medications, pumps, half a dozen sumps, the list just keeps going and going and going.

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, I feel like I have been called out. I have a 180, 2 90's, a 110, 2 75s, 2 20s, a 30, 3 picos, 2 small all in ones, like 5 T-5 fixtures, 6 metal halides, dozens of pump impellers, UV bulbs and sleeves, shelves filled with medications, pumps, half a dozen sumps, the list just keeps going and going and going.
One day, when I grow up... I wanna be just like you, man!!!

Roy 9121

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all... Has everyone recovered from the holidays??? (wipes leftover egg nog off chin) With the new year upon us, lots of us have made some resolutions or set goals for 2017. Besides dedicating myself to get deeper in the hobby, I'm also getting married and have some fitness goals. Another goal of mine is to sell off some old equipment I have been hanging on to. There are 8 aquariums in my house and garage as well as a plethora of equipment, some still useful and probably most of it is junk (to me). About 25% of the garage is full, an entire "office", and a small piece of our living room. 8 shelves of test kits, frag plugs, old heaters......... you see where I'm going with this. I also am willing to bet I am not alone.

Are you a reefing hoarder??? I am, and I'm ready to change (but only a little). Post up some pics of your stash/es! I'll post my mess when I get home from work. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I never throw anything away. I just know I'm going to need that some day

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey at least all my reef junk is organized in one spot. I wish I could say the same about the wife's non reef junk.

That make up drawer? Imagine sharing a motel room with girls at the hair show! I'm a guy! I need like four things and they all end up buried under the WAR PAINT!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back