Hoarders: Reefing Edition

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The funniest thing in this thread is none of you have coughed up any pics of your junk piles yet.. Y'all must be ashamed! :D:D:D

Edited to add: Oh I was only on page 1!! LOL. John you're in trouble after you get married and she makes you throw all of that stuff away! BETTER HIDE IT NOW WHILE YOU HAVE THE CHANCE!!!!! :D

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reallz though... I just posted to facebook that all my stuff is for sale. My phone won't stop making noisews. I'm selling everything from equipmet, corals, and tanks. Not getting out, but need a good reset for the stuff I use ONLY. My buddies are getting reactors, media, skimmers, tanks, knick knacks, do-dads, old IO salt, you name it, I'm clearing it out... for a very very good reason. MUAHAHAHA!

Bradw18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0073.JPG

Bradw18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes sir. Enough tanks to have a few pet stores. I got bored with small tanks and have been buying bigger tanks. Gonna set up a nice size coral fragging room or try my hand at breeding some marine fish soon the extra tanks might come in handy lol. If you ever in ky give me a shout I can send you home with a few tanks

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm out in west TX but I will keep you in mind, lol. I'm just impresed... my fiance gave me this interesting look when she saw your pics. She didn't have to say a single word. hahaha

Bradw18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't tell the wife I was coming home with them. She was ok with the first load. It wasn't until I brought back a car trailer full home, then she finally flipped out.

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started selling everything today. Recovered a good amount of cash and gave my fiance $100 for some makeup. That should make this new order of coral a little easier for her to digest.

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah me too. Did you install and service tanks or work at a LFS?

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to fix cars in phx for tanks and equipment lol wife was like what the heck is all this stuff coming to the house for. Said don't worry it will be worth it down the road
that's pretty awesome! will work for corals!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all... Has everyone recovered from the holidays??? (wipes leftover egg nog off chin) With the new year upon us, lots of us have made some resolutions or set goals for 2017. Besides dedicating myself to get deeper in the hobby, I'm also getting married and have some fitness goals. Another goal of mine is to sell off some old equipment I have been hanging on to. There are 8 aquariums in my house and garage as well as a plethora of equipment, some still useful and probably most of it is junk (to me). About 25% of the garage is full, an entire "office", and a small piece of our living room. 8 shelves of test kits, frag plugs, old heaters......... you see where I'm going with this. I also am willing to bet I am not alone.

Are you a reefing hoarder??? I am, and I'm ready to change (but only a little). Post up some pics of your stash/es! I'll post my mess when I get home from work. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Yep! Me too! I'm working on trying to clear stuff out myself.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm buying some equipment from a local that is getting out of the hobby for a while. One condition for buying the things I want (at a very low price) is I have to take his remaining "box-o-stuff" :) Like I don't already have enough of that!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back