How can you tell if photos has been saturated/over photoshopped?

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is under 16k (razors) right after acclimation, taken with my S6. Sorry about the dirty glass. But yep those are its colors.
20170120_180835.jpg
The other pic was hard to not blue out from top down, and was in the evening.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I find that reading people's reviews usually points me in the right direction. From there I've managed to compile a list of vendors that I trust to provide an accurate picture.

Also, If you see something like this don't buy it or anything else on the site lol... This is the same vendor I believe that AcroNem posted going for $350...
Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 10.54.56 AM.png

Rory that's indeed the same vendor, it's all saturated like crazy. I thought the shrooms would be decent still but that might take a year of luck to make happen, as you can see by my newest pic of when I first got it.

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If vendors wants a good, honest sale, they really shouldn't photoshop the image so much. Sure, take some blues out but not saturate so much.

I mean, I am a graphic designer, and when I photoshop my images, I just simply take blues out to make the colors match more to what I see to my naked eye.

GraphicReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a Graphic Designer myself, coral colors be be edited and altered in an infinite number of ways. You may catch a "hint" of some untruthfulness in the surrounding environment but with such rich colors and typically everything under actinic blue ( like you said there are so many different lighting arrangements people have ) it may be "your word against theirs" in the end. I find purchasing from reputable aquaculture facilities and LFSs' is the only way to combat it. Ive shared my lighting specs on my Radions before and the supplier has duplicated my lighting ( pretty closely ) as to accurately depict the colorations that may show under my LEDs. Just my 2 cents...

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this from them many years ago and it was exactly what was posted on their site - before LEDs!

monti_2-15-02-2.jpg

Epicreefster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg image.jpeg Here's a blasto taken with my iPhone through my orange coral viewing glasses as a filter and in normal mode vs chrome mode. There is no editing here just a camera setting that brings out the saturation. I think it looks about half way between the two in person. I would say that with time you figure out what is a real photo vs a doctored and you learn over time to look for the signs, fluorescent red spectrum colors, bright white sand and brighter than normal coralline along with a is that real? Thought going through your head....

Rob's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took me 1 online order to realize I'll only buy corals I see in person... luckily I'm in So Cal where there are plenty of options!

iramack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area and this vendor is local to me.

I have never EVER gotten anything from him that looked like the photo. Also, most of the stuff I got had some form of damage to it that wasn't shown in the picture.
I get their emails with new "slap your momma" stuff all the time. I won't purchase from them any more for that reason and the fact that they don't pack the box with foam P-Nuts like DFS does, just a few wadded up pieces of paper which allows the bag/bags inside to flop around all over during shipment!!

And "God Bless You"

Medic58

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I pm you so I can get the info on the vendor. I'm new to the hobby and I don't want to be tricked.

DanConnor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I don't see it myself in person- I pretty much only buy named varieties that have been in the hobby for a long time. If you order an oregon tort, a red planet, or a hawkins blue, you know what you are getting. Barring that, look online for other people that have the same frag.

I don't bother with wysiwyg.

Back